Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
528 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I live in San Gabriel Valley and I used to drive to LA every day to make more money, but I've recently realized its kind of pointless because I make just as much money near home as I do in LA and it's half the gas. Also, Uber has been GIVING me the hourly guarantees every week. Lol. Even though I'm not even working in LA. Anyone else still getting the hourly in SGV? I was shocked when they added like 130 bucks to my pay statement. I'm not complaining.

·
Registered
1,410 Posts
I'm in the SGV as well but haven't received the hourly guarantees. Maybe that's because I've only taken one ride in the last few weeks and that was on Saturday. Let me know if you do. I may just have to give Uber a go if that's the case.

·
Registered
549 Posts
I live in San Gabriel Valley and I used to drive to LA every day to make more money, but I've recently realized its kind of pointless because I make just as much money near home as I do in LA and it's half the gas. Also, Uber has been GIVING me the hourly guarantees every week. Lol. Even though I'm not even working in LA. Anyone else still getting the hourly in SGV? I was shocked when they added like 150 bucks to my pay statement. I'm not complaining.
I'm in SGV, they gave me the hourly for this past weekend only.

·
Registered
549 Posts
In the email it does say core LA, so I had emailed csr to specifically ask if this was gonna be honored if I'm not driving in the core. The rep emailed back and said there is no geofence and it will be honored. I'm looking at my pay and they did honor it, so us out here in SGV are good to go :)

·
Registered
1,410 Posts
In the email it does say core LA, so I had emailed csr to specifically ask if this was gonna be honored if I'm not driving in the core. The rep emailed back and said there is no geofence and it will be honored. I'm looking at my pay and they did honor it, so us out here in SGV are good to go :)
It's about damn time! Looks like I'll bite the bullet and do what I need to qualify for the hourly guarantee. So this week will be a competition to see which one will be my main and which one will be the side chick.

·
Registered
1,410 Posts
So it looks like I could have been driving outside of the core and in my area all along and would have received the guarantee rates. I could kick myself in the rear for not taking advantage of it but I didn't want to take the chance since every time I got the email it would say in the core LA area but the promotion in the app didn't and didn't want to get screwed since Uber has a track record of doing that.

Thanks for the info Muziklyfe3

·
Registered
549 Posts
So it looks like I could have been driving outside of the core and in my area all along and would have received the guarantee rates. I could kick myself in the rear for not taking advantage of it but I didn't want to take the chance since every time I got the email it would say in the core LA area but the promotion in the app didn't and didn't want to get screwed since Uber has a track record of doing that.

Thanks for the info Muziklyfe3
No problem, you're welcome. :)

That's why when I seen that the promo in the app didn't say anything about us having to start in core LA, I did a screen shot of it and uploaded it when I emailed csr. I said I didn't want any problems because the email said one thing and the app said another, and it all worked out as you see in the email... Now you can drive in your area! Go get you some money bro. :)

·
Premium Member
23,282 Posts
I had platinum, gold & silver a couple different times over past months. Even had Hourly at the beginning. Was only able to do 15 trips this past week (busy day job) but received zip nada this week. No metals, no hourly. And I am in the SGV :(

·
Registered
549 Posts
I had platinum, gold & silver a couple different times over past months. Even had Hourly at the beginning. Was only able to do 15 trips this past week (busy day job) but received zip nada this week. No metals, no hourly. And I am in the SGV :(
You may get the hourly for the weekend only, that's what happened to me this past weekend. Had nothing for the week, then this past Friday in my app, they gave me the hourly for Fri, Saturday and Sunday. The week before I had only done 10 rides. So just check your app Friday and see if you get it for the weekend.

·
Registered
528 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I was also shocked to have received it because more than a few of my trips actually started in San Bernardino County or orange county. Also, I'm almost certain my acceptance rate was not 80%... they gave it to me for all hours I worked within the time frame.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
23,282 Posts
You may get the hourly for the weekend only, that's what happened to me this past weekend. Had nothing for the week, then this past Friday in my app, they gave me the hourly for Fri, Saturday and Sunday. The week before I had only done 10 rides. So just check your app Friday and see if you get it for the weekend.
Good to know...thanks.

·
Registered
528 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Quick question. Should the Promo have popped up on my app already if it's happening again this week? My app currently says "no promotions" but I'm not sure if it may come later.

·
Registered
549 Posts
Hmm.. I only did 24 rides. Not sure if it's too few..
I think to at least get Silver you would have needed 25 rides. Try and email them through the app under your incentive was wrong and put today's date until Thursday and ask if you are supposed to get an incentive or hourly, and see what they say. That's what I do and they respond pretty quick. I'm thinking they may give you the hourly, if not for the week, then hopefully for this weekend. Lmk. ;)

1 - 20 of 45 Posts