Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Did anybody get their status changed from hourly to boost or from boost to hourly recently?

I have been hourly for a couple months but have gold boost this week. I prefer hourly so I know what I'm making but what can you do. Anybody prefer boost over hourly? Seems like some hours will come on on the low end even with boost.

·
Registered
119 Posts
I had boost and just got switched to hourly last week. They both have their perks but I like boost better (you make more money per hour and have mid day incentives) I like seeing the incentive immediately after each trip instead of having to wait until Monday afternoon with hourly and hope you met the trip requirements acceptance rate and time online for uber to deliver on the incentives they promised

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the quick responses. I have no choice but to get out there and hustle the boost. I'll report back by weeks end if boost made me a believer or if I long for the hourly guarantees to return :)

·
Registered
8 Posts
Did anybody get their status changed from hourly to boost or from boost to hourly recently?

I have been hourly for a couple months but have gold boost this week. I prefer hourly so I know what I'm making but what can you do. Anybody prefer boost over hourly? Seems like some hours will come on on the low end even with boost.
I'm in the exact same boat as you. Hourly the past few weeks and just got on boost this week. I'm not happy about it but I'm gonna try it out and see if I can make it work.

·
Premium Member
23,152 Posts
I like boost infinitely more than hourly. I never had Uber hourly but did on Lyft a few times. I got screwed like a kid in a Penn State shower.

Boost is much simpler. No hoops, no worries, just take trips & see what you made on the payout right after the trip ends.

Long trips don't screw you on boost. They pad your pocket. Last week someone posted he had a trip from DCA to hell, I mean Philly. He made out like a bandit. Hourly incentives wouldn't have given him anything extra, as I understand them.

Reactions: Sean Akin
1 - 7 of 7 Posts