Uber Drivers Forum banner
  • If you have joined UberPeople.net because your Uber account was hacked, you've likely been taken in by a scam. Please read this before starting a thread on this subject.
1 - 20 of 36 Posts

· Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After arriving to pick up “Pablo” I see him with his other half kissing and hugging forever. No biggie. Then wife starts to question me if I’m actually the driver🤦‍♂️while I’m loading his heavy as shit luggage. Before I go on I have to say I get passengers of every type and always have pretty good trip. I use the translation app to communicate with people of a different language. Look at me. I didn’t care that he insisted I take the turnpike instead of 528. I don’t care. let’s roll with this thing.it was trying to understand that’s what he was saying because I’d bring out the translation app and he’d say “I speak angleesh to you. You listen” 😳 this continued for the rest of the trip. blabbing endlessly utter nonsense and I just sat there pretending I was following along………for an hour and a half. Even when I’d risk crashing us and type out what I was wanting to say and play it in Spanish he would reply in piglatin or whatever was going on there, probably nothing compared to some of y’all’s experiences but I usually have the chilliest ride with whoever I got and we have a blast. Keep your cheeks tight people and for forsake don’t let your meatloaf

· Registered
2,022 Posts
Que? No habla Espanol.

Bano? No bano. Usteded bano!

Aieee! Quanto? 300 dollars

Seee, bueno. Gracias.

Aidious muchacho!

Necessity is the mother of invention. 😉

First three months of Ubering, Uber sent me a notice that I've already taken people from 29 different countries already. That's one from a different country every three days.

Since then I'd bet there is only a few countries in the world I haven't taken someone from.

· Premium Member
1,896 Posts
use the translation app to communicate
I've been leaning on on these apps too, as more and more pax in parts of the Minneapolis market (ie, Richfield, East Bloomington, Burnsville, etc) seem to only know Spanish (zero English) and dont habla much of the espanol...my broader question about be how do the "Pablos" navigate life in the Twin Cities which not really bilingual...I cant imagine moving to Spain and not learning Spanish; it would be a disaster.

· Registered
846 Posts
I've been leaning on on these apps too, as more and more pax in parts of the Minneapolis market (ie, Richfield, East Bloomington, Burnsville, etc) seem to only know Spanish (zero English) and dont habla much of the espanol...my broader question about be how do the "Pablos" navigate life in the Twin Cities which not really bilingual...I cant imagine moving to Spain and not learning Spanish; it would be a disaster.
We need English as the official language.

· Registered
1,089 Posts
Much harder to sneak into Spain , well , unless your a great swimmer 🤷🏿‍♂️

· Registered
846 Posts
Excuse me señor , that’s racist 🤷🏿‍♂️
What's racist is when typically only English & Spanish is used in official documents when there isn't an official language.

We need the English language to be the official language to prevent racists and their lemmings (you) from dividing this great country.

· Registered
846 Posts
Font Rectangle Multimedia Darkness Screenshot

Huh???

Old fart is starting to lose it. Here, let me clean things up for your social security collecting butt.

You inferred I was a racist by pointing out my comment was racist.

I countered by stating your line of thinking is racist.

You sensed I had something going on with that so you attempted to duck out.

Someone else challenged your usage of the word "racist".

Then you shifted and used the new word of the day, "prejudice" and then tried to whip me with that.

🤷‍♂️

· Premium Member
8,388 Posts
After arriving to pick up “Pablo” I see him with his other half kissing and hugging forever. No biggie. Then wife starts to question me if I’m actually the driver🤦‍♂️while I’m loading his heavy as shit luggage. Before I go on I have to say I get passengers of every type and always have pretty good trip. I use the translation app to communicate with people of a different language. Look at me. I didn’t care that he insisted I take the turnpike instead of 528. I don’t care. let’s roll with this thing.it was trying to understand that’s what he was saying because I’d bring out the translation app and he’d say “I speak angleesh to you. You listen” 😳 this continued for the rest of the trip. blabbing endlessly utter nonsense and I just sat there pretending I was following along………for an hour and a half. Even when I’d risk crashing us and type out what I was wanting to say and play it in Spanish he would reply in piglatin or whatever was going on there, probably nothing compared to some of y’all’s experiences but I usually have the chilliest ride with whoever I got and we have a blast. Keep your cheeks tight people and for forsake don’t let your meatloaf
Hey did you get arrested on Live P.D. a while back?

· Premium Member
9,388 Posts
What's racist is when typically only English & Spanish is used in official documents when there isn't an official language.
This it's not racism. I quoted the wrong person by mistake and I am sorry. This is Prejudice towards two languages. Not the people who speak it.

Apologize for the misleading information.

· Registered
846 Posts
This it's not racism. I quoted the wrong person by mistake and I am sorry. This is Prejudice towards two languages. Not the people who speak it.

Apologize for the misleading information.
With English being the exception, generally speaking a language is directly tied to a particular people/culture/region. When a governing body uses a specific language when an official one haven't been established, in that sense a particular people/culture/region is promoted while languages not used are suppressed (people/culture/region).

This behavior is a form of racism which is why I called out on that old fart.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts