Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone, I wanted to make a post about making money and what has really worked for me.

So I am literally going to post to the world one of my best insights; something I like to call areas of high concentration and high frequency.

I'm sure there are other posts related to this but this one is specifically for our beautiful city of Toronto and the Greater Toronto Area. I'm not going to get into the demographics, geographical circumstances or timing. This last point though will be breezed over breifly but any reasoning why this occurs will be left out because I want this to be very simple.

As a ride share driver it is up to you, daily to determine which way to direct yourself to get the most trips, long or short as long as there is someone in your vehicle you are making money! For me I have found it much easier if I can have a set routine for my day, as I'm sure a lot of you may have already noticed. What I am talking about is maximizing the earning potential of that routine and for that you need to know and understand this map of the city.

World Slope Organism Map Font

There are areas in this map that will give you more rides than others. If I get taken to Markham, Stouffville, Pickering, Brampton, Milton, Georgetown, Oakville, Burlington, Ajax, Newmarket I know where to go to increase my chances of getting trips.

The idea is to set your route so that you hit specific areas with high rates of concentration and frequency of ride requests as you inevitably make your way downtown where it is busy all day.

Even still when you are downtown you still get periods of time when it is dead. I won't go into why, but there are areas you can go to where the concentration and frequency rate is so high that it doesn't matter how many drivers are around. 1 area that is like this is Queens Quay East. 2nd area is Wellington St between Bay and Yonge and there's parking areas on either side of the street where you can stand, sit and wait for rides.

Pro tip: areas where public transit is infrequent and almost non existent will usually have high rates of Uber ride requests.

Liberty village is another area of high concentration and high frequency. Dufferin from Lawrence to King St is also hot 🥵. Rogers Rd is hot as well. Caledonia has been good to me. Bathurst and Lawrence in the Jewish suburb if you park there and wait you will get trips. Sunnybrook hospital is ridiculously busy. Bloor and Yonge is warm, Bloor, around the Korean village at night, when I used to drive at night, is very hot.

For me I live in Meadowvale, Mississauga, right on the border of Milton. I love my neighbourhood, if I could do all my trips here I would and I have. This is because I have been able to determine the best times to drive that are concurrent and do not have big gaps and I have also been able to determine what areas around me have high rates of concentration and frequency, and are also underserviced by public transportation.

So I encourage those who live outside of the core, like me, to look for those hot spots and get familiar with them and if possible save the wear and tear on your car plus the gas and avoid going downtown at all if possible. Of course everything works until it doesn't. Try it, I guarantee results or your money back!

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
a mere kilometer or three from my abode.
Yeahhh, right on. Listen Meadowvale trips are kinda crappy, either they take me to areas I don't want to go or they're short, also they can be inconsistent. You know what though I have a place in Mississauga that is insane and under serviced.

·
Banned
17,425 Posts
Yeahhh, right on. Listen Meadowvale trips are kinda crappy, either they take me to areas I don't want to go or they're short, also they can be inconsistent. You know what though I have a place in Mississauga that is insane and under serviced.
I've got a couple places, but I have an aversion to driving to them, when I can be in my house doing other things. I do about 15-20h per week on Ridehail, not enough to be chasing honeypots, just doing a few rides in between the cracks. Besides, my car charges for pennies when I'm at home, and I am adverse to burning gas at this side-gig.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I've got a couple places, but I have an aversion to driving to them, when I can be in my house doing other things. I do about 15-20h per week on Ridehail, not enough to be chasing honeypots, just doing a few rides in between the cracks. Besides, my car charges for pennies when I'm at home, and I am adverse to burning gas at this side-gig.
So no Uber for you? 15-20 hrs is legit, I highly emphasize a good work life balance in my life, money isn't everything. I really enjoy driving that's why I'll do however many hrs in a week. Been behind the wheel since I was 13.

i agree with sunnybook...lots of long trips
Yeah all day too

·
Premium Member
19,592 Posts
Hi everyone, I wanted to make a post about making money and what has really worked for me.

So I am literally going to post to the world one of my best insights; something I like to call areas of high concentration and high frequency.

I'm sure there are other posts related to this but this one is specifically for our beautiful city of Toronto and the Greater Toronto Area. I'm not going to get into the demographics, geographical circumstances or timing. This last point though will be breezed over breifly but any reasoning why this occurs will be left out because I want this to be very simple.

As a ride share driver it is up to you, daily to determine which way to direct yourself to get the most trips, long or short as long as there is someone in your vehicle you are making money! For me I have found it much easier if I can have a set routine for my day, as I'm sure a lot of you may have already noticed. What I am talking about is maximizing the earning potential of that routine and for that you need to know and understand this map of the city.

View attachment 387239

There are areas in this map that will give you more rides than others. If I get taken to Markham, Stouffville, Pickering, Brampton, Milton, Georgetown, Oakville, Burlington, Ajax, Newmarket I know where to go to increase my chances of getting trips.

The idea is to set your route so that you hit specific areas with high rates of concentration and frequency of ride requests as you inevitably make your way downtown where it is busy all day.

Even still when you are downtown you still get periods of time when it is dead. I won't go into why, but there are areas you can go to where the concentration and frequency rate is so high that it doesn't matter how many drivers are around. 1 area that is like this is Queens Quay East. 2nd area is Wellington St between Bay and Yonge and there's parking areas on either side of the street where you can stand, sit and wait for rides.

Pro tip: areas where public transit is infrequent and almost non existent will usually have high rates of Uber ride requests.

Liberty village is another area of high concentration and high frequency. Dufferin from Lawrence to King St is also hot 🥵. Rogers Rd is hot as well. Caledonia has been good to me. Bathurst and Lawrence in the Jewish suburb if you park there and wait you will get trips. Sunnybrook hospital is ridiculously busy. Bloor and Yonge is warm, Bloor, around the Korean village at night, when I used to drive at night, is very hot.

For me I live in Meadowvale, Mississauga, right on the border of Milton. I love my neighbourhood, if I could do all my trips here I would and I have. This is because I have been able to determine the best times to drive that are concurrent and do not have big gaps and I have also been able to determine what areas around me have high rates of concentration and frequency, and are also underserviced by public transportation.

So I encourage those who live outside of the core, like me, to look for those hot spots and get familiar with them and if possible save the wear and tear on your car plus the gas and avoid going downtown at all if possible. Of course everything works until it doesn't. Try it, I guarantee results or your money back!
Now I know you're full of crap because you did not mention King&Portland. Holding out the best for yourself, huh!, nice "friend" you are.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts