Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone else had a run-in with the local constabulary at JWA when picking up a pax?

Earlier today, about 3pm, I receive a call from terminal B, column 8. No sweat. I drive down and pull over at column 8, where a man is waiting. He comes over, I check names. It turns out that he's not my passenger, and steps away. I have now been at the (relatively not busy) curbside for a total of perhaps 10 seconds.

OC Sheriff clamps her hands on my open window sill and begins to speak in an extremely hostile tone, scaring the crap out of me, as I was preparing to contact my pax and not looking up at her. "WHO ARE YOU WAITING FOR?"

"I'm waiting for (name of pax). I was directed by Uber to pick him up here, terminal B, column 8."

"THERE IS NO WAITING HERE. IF YOU DRIVE FOR UBER YOU ARE EXPECTED TO KNOW THE AIRPORT RULES.

"I understand. What do-"
"EXCUSE ME?" (With a look that suggested she thought I was swearing at her)

"What do you suggest I do?"

"I SUGGEST YOU MOVE YOUR VEHICLE BEFORE I GIVE YOU A CITATION."

Of course, the person I was supposed to pick up walks up to see me driving away with my trunk popped. I had to pull over to close it and apologize to him for the cop being an ******* and forcing me to circle around. I just have to wonder who pissed in her Cheerios.

·
Premium Member
62,795 Posts
Has anyone else had a run-in with the local constabulary at JWA when picking up a pax?

Earlier today, about 3pm, I receive a call from terminal B, column 8. No sweat. I drive down and pull over at column 8, where a man is waiting. He comes over, I check names. It turns out that he's not my passenger, and steps away. I have now been at the (relatively not busy) curbside for a total of perhaps 10 seconds.

OC Sheriff clamps her hands on my open window sill and begins to speak in an extremely hostile tone, scaring the crap out of me, as I was preparing to contact my pax and not looking up at her. "WHO ARE YOU WAITING FOR?"

"I'm waiting for (name of pax). I was directed by Uber to pick him up here, terminal B, column 8."

"THERE IS NO WAITING HERE. IF YOU DRIVE FOR UBER YOU ARE EXPECTED TO KNOW THE AIRPORT RULES.

"I understand. What do-"

Of course, the person I was supposed to pick up walks up to see me driving away with my trunk popped. I had to pull over to close it and apologize to him for the cop being an ******* and forcing me to circle around. I just have to wonder who pissed in her Cheerios.
Instead of water and candy,carry doughnuts.

·
Banned
2,280 Posts

"I understand. What do-"

You need to call customer and make sure he or she is outside already by the pillars. If not make another loop!!! SIMPLE THIS AIRPORT IS EASY!!!! The sheriff's department at JWA are as nice and helpful to the public by the number of 10. You MUST WORK WITHIN THE RULES, or just take calls at 2020 Main Street in Irvine.

·
Premium Member
2,995 Posts
I have not had many drop offs @ JWA, and 0 pickups because I try hard to GTFO when I get that far south, but from what I've seen so far, There is almost 0 police activity. I had one once flash his flashlight at me when a pax had a lot of luggage. Knowing the local climate, I said "Why you flashing your light at me? You work for Obama?" Dude walked up to me and said "I don't work for no [REDACTED]". I said "Am I free to go?" He said "Don't see many whites driving UBER. You can do better". I didn't respond, and just drove away. #ftheoc #ihateoc

·
Banned
2,280 Posts
I have not had many drop offs @ JWA, and 0 pickups because I try hard to GTFO when I get that far south, but from what I've seen so far, There is almost 0 police activity. I had one once flash his flashlight at me when a pax had a lot of luggage. Knowing the local climate, I said "Why you flashing your light at me? You work for Obama?" Dude walked up to me and said "I don't work for no [REDACTED]". I said "Am I free to go?" He said "Don't see many whites driving UBER. You can do better". I didn't respond, and just drove away. #ftheoc #ihateoc
It has nothing to do with race, the FUBER DRIVERS WHO LIVE AT JWA; probably worked for the two cab companies that have the contract with the airport. They only want the long rides at inflated prices to the resort. Sheriff department did not like these drivers as cab drivers, they don't like them as FUBER drivers. If the OC Sheriff department was running LAX, THEY WOULD BREAK UP THE MAFIA THERE AT THE PEN!!!!!

·
Banned
2,280 Posts
It has nothing to do with race, the FUBER DRIVERS WHO LIVE AT JWA; probably worked for the two cab companies that have the contract with the airport. They only want the long rides at inflated prices to the resort. Sheriff department did not like these drivers as cab drivers, they don't like them as FUBER drivers. If the OC Sheriff department was running LAX, THEY WOULD BREAK UP THE MAFIA THERE AT THE PEN!!!!!
Just finished reading the rest of your thread, OC UBER LADY makes fun of me with the "Stay off my lawn" mentality but it really is an OC thing. Not written down in text just a known fact.

·
Registered
7,084 Posts
One simple rule when picking up at ANY airport. CALL YOUR PAX and confirm exactly where they are.

JWA is seriously as easy as it gets, cops are very cool and long as you are doing what you are supposed to do.

Pax not at column? then keep driving, don't sit there

·
Banned
20,770 Posts
What the...?????

1 - 10 of 10 Posts