Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
343 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've only needed to honk my horn two or three times while a pax was in the van. I typically save it for emergencies, but I think I may have honked at a guy at a stop sign for over 30 seconds with no cross traffic, (their LP was literally "slowmo")

Is there a trend on Tips, ratings, or safety reports from your honking?
Do you honk often?

·
Premium Member
7,208 Posts
I've never honked my horn with a passenger in my car.

However, I did once yell to tell a driver at a stoplight to let him know that his headlight was out. That resulted in a 3 star rating.

I have noticed that when other cars honk at me that it results in a decrease in my ratings, even though I am usually not doing anything wrong and it is just some impatient tailgater.

·
Registered
468 Posts
I never honk if there is really no need to. Only a very occasional light tap on the horn to alert an inattentive driver. I like to avoid raising a pax's blood pressure.

Being on the receiving end however is a different matter. Here in Chicago, driving is impossible without ever being honked at on any given week, particularly from taxi drivers. It can get rude and downright ugly at times. Congestion breeds impatience and pushy behavior, I guess. My pax generally seem to be understanding of this.

·
Registered
2,647 Posts
I've only needed to honk my horn two or three times while a pax was in the van. I typically save it for emergencies, but I think I may have honked at a guy at a stop sign for over 30 seconds with no cross traffic, (their LP was literally "slowmo")

Is there a trend on Tips, ratings, or safety reports from your honking?
Do you honk often?
I only honk to avoid a collision. About three times in 1500 trips so far.

·
Registered
2,153 Posts
I use it a couple of times a night. From someone not paying attention to their green light, to someone creeping in my lane, to jaywalkers that have a "don't walk" when I'm barreling through an intersection.

Reactions: Rakos

·
7,191 Posts
I honk in situations where the pax is likely to understand or even appreciate it, like when the car in front of us is stopped at a green light.

I do NOT honk at bicyclists or pedestrians for a couple of reasons: they rule downtown/campus and the pax is likely to be one of them soon!

·
Premium Member
1,690 Posts
Rarely and usually only a tap on the horn when a pax is in vehicle. Never had anyone comment about it yet as it's always been justified (someone asleep at the light or something). Usually the pax seem impatient about them just sitting there too lol.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts