Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
307 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We need to stop being week and have social media mass offline protests to protest these ridiculous low prices. Uber charges pax an extra 55 cents to help me with gas but it takes 80% of the fare and pays me $7 to go from downtown to far away Minnetonka, the ****? That used to be a $14 fare for me after Ubers take. Uber has bleeded 5 Billion dollars in the pandemic and now it is going after our earnings. I purposely only do 3 or 4 rides for extra cash when I know I can easily do 10+ rides a day even on top of my day IT job and Uber keeps sending messages saying "Don't forget to select your quest". 50 rides for $55? what do they think I am some sort of Prostitute?

If we all get on Social media we can do a movement like #Stayoffline hash it up baby.

Trousers Shoe Handwriting Natural environment Motor vehicle

·
Premium Member
1,302 Posts
hash it up baby.
Hash? That's old school. I figured you more of a cocaine guy... oh well, I may have misinterpreted... well, everything.

Have fun ranting on social media and I wish you luck. Personally, I'm working it in a way that works for me and I'm going to keep my head down and stack the dough. Have fun with your protest though.

·
Premium Member
2019 Toyota Corolla
7,627 Posts
We need to stop being week and have social media mass offline protests to protest these ridiculous low prices. Uber charges pax an extra 55 cents to help me with gas but it takes 80% of the fare and pays me $7 to go from downtown to far away Minnetonka, the ****? That used to be a $14 fare for me after Ubers take. Uber has bleeded 5 Billion dollars in the pandemic and now it is going after our earnings. I purposely only do 3 or 4 rides for extra cash when I know I can easily do 10+ rides a day even on top of my day IT job and Uber keeps sending messages saying "Don't forget to select your quest". 50 rides for $55? what do they think I am some sort of Prostitute?

If we all get on Social media we can do a movement like #Stayoffline hash it up baby.

View attachment 664478
It sounds good on paper dude but in order
for it to work everyone would need to be on
board and we would have to be dealing
with someone that had some character.
Neither uber or the paxes gaf about us.
Uber wouldnt tell you but the city of chicago did
55,000 people are registered in this in my market
The people that are here are probably
the cream of the crop.......

·
Registered
14 Posts
Uber is a large general contractor, think of it as a building GC and he is offering self contractors (plumbers, electricians, tile setters, painters, etc., etc.), the smaller self contractors can either except the offer or move on. As long as there are self contractors excepting the offers why would they pay them more. The GM's goal is to make a lot of profit. It would be nice to be a good human being but they are like some large public stock market companies. Make money for the share holders so they can keep their job. I am 68 and retired and this gets me out of the house and a few dollars in my pocket. I worked in management for 30 years with a large good company. The company paid well and cared about our lives to retain all of us. The only way Uber will pay more is a shortage of drivers. If all drivers new how to do weekly profit and loss statements, they would not stay long. If you can make 70 to 75% it might be worth it for a while but those days ended when they made this change in February. Uber is the pimp and we are the *****s selling cheap. If your young take advantage of this job market and get a real career. .

1 - 11 of 11 Posts