·
Registered
3,232 Posts
First we need customers.

Reactions: 20yearsdriving

·
Registered
165 Posts
I 've experienced a lil of what you mean. A year ago, I clicked with this decent pax from the airport. Let's just say he lived in the far northwest corner of the county. Knowing he was a frequent flyer, I offered to pick him up if his schedules matched mine. That went on for a month and two weeks, sometimes twice a wk, for pick up/drop off to n from the airport @$110+/ trip with 20% tip. Needless to say, it was cool meeting such a client and knowing where the next fare is gonna come from. But as a cabbie, it pained me skipping other fares, although much shorter ones, while trying to dead head it to where he was located, at times. :)

·
Premium Member
22,586 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I 've experienced a lil of what you mean. A year ago, I clicked with this decent pax from the airport. Let's just say he lived in the far northwest corner of the county. Knowing he was a frequent flyer, I offered to pick him up if his schedules matched mine. That went on for a month and two weeks, sometimes twice a wk, for pick up/drop off to n from the airport @$110+/ trip with 20% tip. Needless to say, it was cool meeting such a client and knowing where the next fare is gonna come from. But as a cabbie, it pained me skipping other fares, although much shorter ones, while trying to dead head it to where he was located, at times. :)
I get it
That is a good contact , keep in mind he probably knows many people like him self
But your desition is a good one , keep as many customers happy as possible

A couple of months ago I stopped me "local service " after many years of a loyal customer base
The demand for airport & events combined witn uber expansion made me take this decision

Thank god they still keep me in mind for certain transportation needs

This is what I've learned
You take good care of each and every customer all the time
They will always come back & they will send you their friends
It's the best way of doing business ,new customer know exactly what the get with me
( expectations are in line )

The last 12 months 30% of customers are brand new very few a-holes
Most people are looking for a decent driver
After negative experiences I take them under my wing

Uber drivers beat them up , I take care of them
Key : for the right price $$

I swear all the ingredients are there .

·
Registered
3,232 Posts
I get it
That is a good contact , keep in mind he probably knows many people like him self
But your desition is a good one , keep as many customers happy as possible

A couple of months ago I stopped me "local service " after many years of a loyal customer base
The demand for airport & events combined witn uber expansion made me take this decision

Thank god they still keep me in mind for certain transportation needs

This is what I've learned
You take good care of each and every customer all the time
They will always come back & they will send you their friends
It's the best way of doing business ,new customer know exactly what the get with me
( expectations are in line )

The last 12 months 30% of customers are brand new very few a-holes
Most people are looking for a decent driver
After negative experiences I take them under my wing

Uber drivers beat them up , I take care of them
Key : for the right price $$

I swear all the ingredients are there .
That is a great cocktail for success.

But, to me it sounds like a retail job, i hate selling anything or selling my self to customers. Thats why i never succeeded in retail or as a car salesman.

I am an introvert. My actions speak for the them selfs and louder then words. Thats why to me what you did or do, feels like im pressuring PAX in to something they might see negatively.

Reactions: negeorgia

·
Premium Member
22,586 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
That is a great cocktail for success.

But, to me it sounds like a retail job, i hate selling anything or selling my self to customers. Thats why i never succeeded in retail or as a car salesman.

I am an introvert. My actions speak for the them selfs and louder then words. Thats why to me what you did or do, feels like im pressuring PAX in to something they might see negatively.
I'm a intovert to
But I'm even more antisocial
With a big subordination problem

I had to learn to do this ( I can't punch a time card )

Some one told me if you are comfortable , be worried
You are I your comforts zone

But you probably have betters thing to do

In my time we had worst drunks than now
When driving is your only income
Believe me your happy to see them

·
Registered
3,232 Posts
I'm a intovert to
But I'm even more antisocial
With a big subordination problem

I had to learn to do this ( I can't punch a time card )

Some one told me if you are comfortable , be worried
You are I your comforts zone

But you probably have betters thing to do

In my time we had worst drunks than now
When driving is your only income
Believe me your happy to see them
After 4 beers and two shots of Wild Turkey, im a raging extrovert, taking my pants off in a restaurant to prove that one race has bigger dicks then another race. ....its a long story. :oops:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts