Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,987 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Get a San to Carlsbad, coming down 5 get a call call on VIA De lA Valle rd, guy is going to Hollyweird.

Shows me his fare was 152.00 when were done, but on my app it says 140.99 then the fees come out

where did $11.00 go?

·
Premium Member
3,617 Posts
That's not a ride I would have done. My questions are how long it took, what was your net, did you get any return trips and lastly do you think it was worth the time it took?

·
Premium Member
1,987 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
2 hours, trip earnings 105+50 tip

I actually almost said no to the guy after explaining gas and down time, he was middle eastern guy, and could tell I wasn't getting thru to him(hint hint $$$) But he came thru

As soon as I dropped I was in a surge, whole area was 1.7x took two rides up there totalling 37.00, then headed back down, caught a ride with the DF from Encinitas to San, had two monster rides in the AM to start the day, 1st one a 1.9 surge in city heights at 7:30 going to Sorrento Valley, and then University City to San, where I caught the Carlsbad ride.
Overall real happy

Needless to say my ass is still numb

Upfront pricing you were efficient in getting him there so uber got the cut.
:mad::mad:

·
Premium Member
3,617 Posts
You are saying you went from Carlsbad to Hollywood in two hours. I've done the drive up to LA many times and I have never done that drive around noon in two hours

·
Premium Member
674 Posts
2 hours, trip earnings 105+50 tip

I actually almost said no to the guy after explaining gas and down time, he was middle eastern guy, and could tell I wasn't getting thru to him(hint hint $$$) But he came thru

As soon as I dropped I was in a surge, whole area was 1.7x took two rides up there totalling 37.00, then headed back down, caught a ride with the DF from Encinitas to San, had two monster rides in the AM to start the day, 1st one a 1.9 surge in city heights at 7:30 going to Sorrento Valley, and then University City to San, where I caught the Carlsbad ride.
Overall real happy

Needless to say my ass is still numb

:mad::mad:
Haha but atleast it was worth it, sounds like you had a great day congrats on that, I wish everyone here a similar day in fares!

·
Registered
117 Posts
I had only once a XL trip from LaJolla to LAX. One middle eastern lady flying to Abu Dhabi with 5 gigantic suitcases. It was $160 net + $20 tip 1h50m one way, 3h30h total time. In ensinitas got a trip to SAN which finished my jurney and total net over $200 :)

·
Premium Member
1,987 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
You are saying you went from Carlsbad to Hollywood in two hours. I've done the drive up to LA many times and I have never done that drive around noon in two hours
At 10:30 AM.....122 min 111 miles, and stopped for gas and it wasn't from Carlsbad it was after my San drop to Carlsbad, was on my way back down and caught it at VIA De LA Valle rd, it actually ends up at 55 mph, hit some traffic where they are ripping up that whole stretch of the 101

·
Premium Member
1,005 Posts
Read what was your fist statement and you missing number ... for you 2 h and 8 min is equal 1h:50 min fact that you have to drive to customer load 5 suitcases and unload it's not 110 min It's at least 135-140 min in ideal circumstances ( your car is full with gas, no traffic )

·
Premium Member
943 Posts
Read what was your fist statement and you missing number ... for you 2 h and 8 min is equal 1h:50 min
fact that you have to drive to custumer load 5 suitcases and unload it's not 110 min
It's at least 135-140 min in ideal circumstances ( your car is full with gas, no traffic )
His statement was missing numbers, and your's is missing letters.

·
Registered
117 Posts
On my first statement i was going by memory but that happened back in November so don't blame me for not remembering the exact numbers. I saw the 2:08h when i was looking to show it to you all but didn't say anything. With the unload and everything and the drive back took me little over 4h in total. The drive back was pleasant, had no traffic what so ever and i was rocking 80mph all the back to SD county.

·
Registered
866 Posts
The IRS allowed .54 per mile in November for vehicle expense.

Assuming your car is average, you netted less than $40 for the trip. Under $10 per hour.
Considering your trip up there with 5 pieces of luggage, and stated speed of 80 mph on the return, your average expense was likely higher than .54 per mile.

In the final analysis, you barely made money and would like have been better off staying in the county.

·
Registered
866 Posts
Save me these IRS nonsense. I don't give a damn about the miles and wear and tear. I have my reasons. Whatever i net for a day is my true NET.
Okay. Must be nice to have a sugar daddy.

But if you run it as a business, Net Income before taxes will always = Revenue - Expenses.

It's like washing your hair after a perm.

I will say, if you lease, your net may be higher for the day than if you owned.
But I forgot, if you use Metromile, the equation changes adversely.

Happy driving!

·
Registered
117 Posts
I don't have a sugar daddy, just there are things which I don't want to discuss in open public. I am gonna drive for uber for another 2 or 3 months and i am done anyway. My car is leased and will be returned at the end of the lease. There are other things that i plan to do regarding the car and the IRS but this is not the place to discuss it.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts