Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 20 of 245 Posts

·
Premium Member
2021 Chevy Bolt EV
4,887 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Video published July 31st 2022. Uber's take in 2021 was 30% for me, and I have grandfathered rates!

Direct link:

Forehead Nose Chin Eyebrow Mouth

Reactions: Anubis

·
Premium Member
2021 Chevy Bolt EV
4,887 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Dara also makes the case in this video that insurance rates are up. Incidences are down, but cost per incidence is up.

Now, he also tries to justify a variable take rate, depending on the trip.

So why not a variable insurance rate, depending on the driver?

·
Premium Member
2021 Chevy Bolt EV
4,887 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)

·
Registered
10,784 Posts
I don't see why Uber doesn't self-insure.

Uber is already paying for all of the settlements that are paid out to drivers who crash their cars, to people whose vehicles are crashed into, and to people who are injured by drivers in the insurance premiums. It's not as if the insurance companies are taking a loss on Uber's coverage and are financing the payouts out of their own pockets. What Uber is doing is paying the premiums plus contributing to the profits of the insurance companies.

·
Premium Member
8,656 Posts

Uber is already paying for all of the settlements that are paid out to drivers who crash their cars, to people whose vehicles are crashed into, and to people who are injured by drivers in the insurance premiums. It's not as if the insurance companies are taking a loss on Uber's coverage and are financing the payouts out of their own pockets. What Uber is doing is paying the premiums plus contributing to the profits of the insurance companies.
Probably for legal reasons intended to protect the insurance companies they cannot in most states.

·
Premium Member
28,037 Posts

You really want Rohit handling your insurance claim? 🤷‍♂️🤦‍♂️

·
Registered
693 Posts
Look at it this way, an insurance company gets about $500 per month per taxi vehicle and they can do about 100 x 30 = 3000 trips per month or $17 per trip.

In Uber the insurance companies are getting up to $10 per trip for both commercial and regular coverage.

I don't see where I was going with this, but it sounded good when I started. 🤔

·
Premium Member
176 Posts
Look at it this way, an insurance company gets about $500 per month per taxi vehicle and they can do about 100 x 30 = 3000 trips per month or $17 per trip.

In Uber the insurance companies are getting up to $10 per trip for both commercial and regular coverage.

100*30?
3000? how do you get the $17/ trip
$17 / trip would be 30 trips/month If 500 the monthly insurance.
help me please I don't get your numbers

·
Premium Member
4,852 Posts

Probably for legal reasons intended to protect the insurance companies they cannot in most states.

Uber could easily self insure to a certain dollar amount, then carry a large policy for claims above that. Many large trucking fleets do this, some are self insured to $10 million or so, then carry huge umbrella policies for claim above that.

1 - 20 of 245 Posts