Uber Drivers Forum banner

1 - 20 of 50 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So as I'm waiting at hobby airport today I see a group of drivers on Airport Boulevard westbound all gathered around a big rock is about 20 of them over there and they're all putting their phones on a rock I guess they think it helps give them a better chance at getting a ping by "pooling their signal". That's just a guess, anybody else notice them?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Maybe something to it. I'm closer but they seem to be getting the occasional ping. Oh well if any of you join them give the 411. Don't worry I won't join. I rather wait in solitude

·
Registered
4,686 Posts
There is a theory that if you find a good ground connection, your phone signal will be stronger than those around you. The rock is attached to the ground right?

·
Registered
4,686 Posts
They are, I'm guessing, experimenting with seeing who gets pings first with all phones exactly the same distance front the arrivals terminal.
Are the phones stacked on each other? If the phones are side by side, then one will be closer. Of course, if they are stacked, I wonder if it will go by altitude.

·
Registered
3,200 Posts
I thought hobby acted as a waIting pool once you within The area of the airport.. I work there most of time I'm in the employee parking lot when I get off work I turn on uber normally within 5-10 minutes I get a hit

G

·
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Good job Watson that was the rock. I still think there are some synergies in having all the GPS signals huddled together. Could not find much on grounding etc., although I vaguely recall some company running Internet via sewage lines or something of the sort. Anyway, just a sign of what I think is a softening local economy.

·
Registered
1,761 Posts
I will show up tomorrow with a sledge hammer. That will stop the competition... LOL I hope this is not a serious post. Placing their phones on the rock?
I am surprised some crack or meth head hasn't just run by and grabbed them.. LAUGH.

1 - 20 of 50 Posts