Uber Drivers Forum banner
  • If you have joined UberPeople.net because your Uber account was hacked, you've likely been taken in by a scam. Please read this before starting a thread on this subject.

Hit and run with a bright side

Tags
#hitandrun
3K views 24 replies 15 participants last post by  TeleSki 
2014 Honda Accord, bought new and paid for. 107k miles puts Blue Book around 9k. I am screwed on that. I put $1500 into it a month ago. I am hoping the ins co will throw me a bone but I am not holding my breath.
Don't take their first payoff offer. There should be some wiggle room to get 500-1000 more. Do a little research for similar models and have it to back-up how much you want. I did claims for an insurance company about 20 years ago, and they usually have a range that they will pay. They offer the low-end, but you can usually argue up on that.

Thanks, that's great advice!

I am contemplating a used Lexus ES350 - hybrid would be amazing, but I have a beer budget so not sure I can find one for 20-25K. I am looking for a 2-4 year old car with under 40K miles on it, no accidents. I know I can get a ES350 that's not a hybrid for under 20K, so that may be the compromise.

Worth a shot.
Check out Hertz or Enterprise rental car sales. I bought a Hertz rental Prius, with 35K on it. Got it for a great price. 140K miles later, it's still running great. Haven't had to do any repairs.

Driver Total Payout

$2.62

Mon, December 24, 4:51 PM

You Receive

• Base Fare

$0.86
  • Distance (1.51 mi × $0.7950/mi)

$1.20
  • Time (5.02 min × $0.1125/min)

$0.56
Total
$2.62

Your earnings are always calculated the same way. On every trip you provide, you earn your base fare, plus time and/or distance rates for the length of the trip, plus applicable tolls, fees, surge/Boost, and promotions. To see your rates anytime, see Fares in the menu.

Rider Pays

• Rider Price

$10.07
Rider Payment
$10.07

Includes any booking fees, pass-through fees, contributions, and reimbursable costs such as tolls paid by the rider.

Uber Receives Total $7.45

• Service Fee

$4.45
  • Booking Fee

$3.00

Nice try, Hertz employee !!!
Not an employee, just happy with the product and the service.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.