Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

I will be starting my full time job in July for my job in Tiffin. I will be living in Perrysburg. My one-way trip will be between 55 minutes to 1 hour long usually. I wanted to hire someone as a 1099 independent contractor to drive me from Perrysburg to Tiffin and then eventually back from Tiffin to Perrysburg. While I'm perfectly capable of driving myself, I will have 13 hour long night shifts from 7 pm - 8 am, which means that I do not ever want to be in a situation where I am falling asleep on the wheel after a shift. So mostly it's a safety thing for me.

Compensation: $90-100 round trip or $45-$50 one way (Round trip consisting of driving me in your vehicle from Perrysburg to Tiffin by 6:50-6:55 pm, and then picking me up in your vehicle from Tiffin around 8:15 Am and then driving me back to Perrysburg). You will be hired through my LLC, Rising Physicians LLC, as a 1099 contractor. This is in-line with what Uber/lyft would charge me if I were to use Uber, except, you will not be paying uber a 20-30% cut that you otherwise will, so that's a major benefit for you. The benefit for me in hiring someone independently of Uber is that I can reliably have someone scheduled and I haven't seen many Uber drivers in the Tiffin area.

Schedule: My contract is for roughly 11 shifts a month, you will have my schedule roughly 1 month in advance. My shifts are 7 pm - 8 Am. I essentially will need to be at Tiffin around 6:50-6:55 pm. I will need to be picked up from Tiffin around 8:15 am, there may sometimes be a delay in my getting out of work, depending on what's going on.

Flexible work: If there are days where you have other responsibilities, that's fine.

Start: End of July or Early August 2019

Expectations and requirements:
1) Punctuality.
2) Reliable vehicle that you will drive
3) Safe driving record
4) It's a plus if you have a Uber/lyft driving record with a history of reviews
5) Hopefully you have a vehicle that is safe to drive in the snowy winters - having snow tires in winter is a plus.

If interested please send a response to me either here as a message or preferably send an email to [email protected]. If you have any questions, please let me know as well. Thank you.

·
Registered
115 Posts
I wouldn’t do it, as a driver you’re asking for trouble driving without the proper insurance that Uber provides while driving. I just did an hour Uber trip, I banked $50 for the ride plus a $16 tip, good luck finding someone.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
I wouldn't do it, as a driver you're asking for trouble driving without the proper insurance that Uber provides while driving. I just did an hour Uber trip, I banked $50 for the ride plus a $16 tip, good luck finding someone.
Fair. Is Uber insurance essentially for damage to your vehicle by your passenger? I would think there would be some difference between driving intoxicated people vs a healthcare professional to a hospital. And after a month, a degree of trust will also be established.

Depending on the degree of interest, I may have some flexibility on compensation.

Like I said, there will be a signed contract, I don't have any issue putting in the contract that if there is any damage to the vehicle that I am directly responsible for, like a spilled drink or something, then I will be responsible for the fix. If it's my fault, I'll take responsibility which I have no issue with putting in writing. But if it's your fault (accident while driving or something), then that's still on you. Of course one of the requirements will be having adequate car insurance in case of accident etc.

Keep in mind, a lot of time is spent waiting for a ride as well, which would be eliminated with having a schedule.

·
Registered
115 Posts
Fair. Is Uber insurance essentially for damage to your vehicle by your passenger? I would think there would be some difference between driving intoxicated people vs a healthcare professional to a hospital.
The Uber insurance covers everything from accident damage & covers drivers & passengers in the event they are injured in an accident. Without it the driver would only have his personal insurance, they would drop the policy in a heartbeat and deny coverage of an accident if they found out what was going on. It's for your protection & the drivers.

·
Registered
487 Posts
Fair. Is Uber insurance essentially for damage to your vehicle by your passenger? I would think there would be some difference between driving intoxicated people vs a healthcare professional to a hospital. And after a month, a degree of trust will also be established.

Depending on the degree of interest, I may have some flexibility on compensation.

Like I said, there will be a signed contract, I don't have any issue putting in the contract that if there is any damage to the vehicle that I am directly responsible for, like a spilled drink or something, then I will be responsible for the fix. If it's my fault, I'll take responsibility which I have no issue with putting in writing. But if it's your fault (accident while driving or something), then that's still on you. Of course one of the requirements will be having adequate car insurance in case of accident etc.

Keep in mind, a lot of time is spent waiting for a ride as well, which would be eliminated with having a schedule.
Asking someone to drive you off-app is a big no! Insurance is a big deal! An accident without could cost the driver his home, etc. Now I did drive someone by appointment, but it was always on either Lyft or Uber. And it came with a nice tip for each trip. They liked my vehicle and the idea of having a personal driver.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Asking someone to drive you off-app is a big no! Insurance is a big deal! An accident without could cost the driver his home, etc. Now I did drive someone by appointment, but it was always on either Lyft or Uber. And it came with a nice tip for each trip. They liked my vehicle and the idea of having a personal driver.
I would love to have the reliability of having someone drive on the app, that would be easier, the problem for me becomes if I have someone drop me at tiffin, then I'm practically stuck there as there are likely 0 drivers at 8 am in that area.

I might just suck it up and drive myself, will see if anyone is interested :)

But the point of liability is a very good one. I didn't know Uber provided insurance to cover for any accidents in which passengers were injured and bodily damage was caused and that personal car insurance wouldn't cover that. I definitely did not think of that.

·
Premium Member
1,776 Posts
I always enjoy a free ride from good people. Since there is no money change hands, no addition cost of insurance is needed to pay the insurance co's. Driver as a consumer can over pay and over insured if they don't pay attention to the traffic but worrying about how to get rich from Insurance's payout.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.