Uber Drivers Forum banner

1 - 20 of 72 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
As other person another city

"In reality, Uber isn't gonna give a damn. There arenew drivers every week to replace the old ones so the vicious cycle will continue. New drivers will think that is the norm.

(Trying to work the Swift concert only to see 16 uber cars all over the xcel. Surge hit 3.6, yet no riders took it, until it disappeared and I got stuck with a regular fare) surge is such BS.

It wouldn't surprise me if it hit 35% next year."

·
Registered
191 Posts
I wonder if the "activated after September 11" applies to being deactivated for expired insurance (rather you forgot to upload the new policy) and then being reactivated (post September 11) once you prove you have insurance, or whatever other reason.

·
Registered
20 Posts
I wonder if the "activated after September 11" applies to being deactivated for expired insurance (rather you forgot to upload the new policy) and then being reactivated (post September 11) once you prove you have insurance, or whatever other reason.
Uber now like MadMax
2 Men enter 1 man leave Travis is blaster

·
Registered
10,169 Posts
No.
The higher commission applies to Drivers who were onboarded after 9/11/15.

·
Banned
4,609 Posts
It means 2 things...

1.) Uber has enuf drivers and wants to slow down newbies.

2.) The newbies will need to work more/accept more and cancel less to earn a "bonus" of 8% as a special promotion for them only.

·
Registered
191 Posts
LOVE your signature, XUberMike! "Letting drunks rate drivers is like having prisoners rate guards"

The company is worth almost $50 billion. If some other start-up ride sharing company tries to step in and offer, say, a 5% commission for rides, Uber would easily squash them because they'd be able to afford to lower their commissions all the way down to 1% or even zero for a very long time just to put that company out of business.

·
Registered
10,169 Posts
Read the email above.
"For partners activated on or after September 11, 2015".

A Driver who's access to Driver App is denied for reasons such as lapsed insurance documents is not going to be paying higher commission afterwards.

·
Registered
191 Posts
Read the email above.
"For partners activated on or after September 11, 2015".

A Driver who's access to Driver App is denied for reasons such as lapsed insurance documents is not going to be paying higher commission afterwards.
Exactly. It just says, "activated". It doesn't say anything about being deactivated, then reactivated. It still has me on edge. At the end of the article that LaustinAustin posted, "When Novogratz asked Callinicos why Uber would risk upsetting drivers by raising rates 5%, he said Callinicos didn't hesitate and said, "Because we can.""

No one is safe.

·
Banned
4,609 Posts
Uber wants to make more profit,
Well according to other thread Houston is falling behind in ridership ( is lyft in Houston?) And the city is looking for more. Seeing they can't get from it rider what better source than to get it from the back of the unsecured partner....the driver, the ones that built Screwber.

They will be coming after the rest of us soon enough.

1 - 20 of 72 Posts