Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
All the “veterans” on here who were among the first drivers and a call all of us “newbies” who have been driving for 2 years or less, all the veterans do is complain.... you know it’s very simple, delete the app and go work at McDonald’s they just raised their minimum to $8.25.

·
Premium Member
815 Posts
All the "veterans" on here who were among the first drivers and a call all of us "newbies" who have been driving for 2 years or less, all the veterans do is complain.... you know it's very simple, delete the app and go work at McDonald's they just raised their minimum to $8.25.
Oh wait you work food service right? Make me a burger, Captain Uber. I like it medium with American cheese & red onion.

PA has the highest gas tax in the country. When your main expense is gas, it deserves a complaint or two. Quit voting tax & spend morons into office.

·
Registered
51 Posts
You literally complain about everything on this forum and I don’t work in food industry I’m just stating that if Uber is not profitable then go work at McDonald’s. That’s literally all I said. Case closed.

·
Registered
227 Posts
Gas tax (and not liking it??) seems like a very relevant conversation / complaint on an uber driver forum.

Weird thought train.

Also re: complaining ... most people just don't stop in to say they had 5 decent trips in a row and then logged out, just not how this is ever gonna work

·
Registered
113 Posts
The reason for the high gas tax is to get something out of the drivers/truckers who come through Pennsylvania. Anybody going to New England, New York, etc has to come through PA at some point. If they fill up here, thats something. Sure it costs residents too, but you can't pick and choose.

It is what it is. I've learned to stop complaining about it and focus my spending where I can get money off at Get Go or Speedway.

·
Premium Member
139 Posts
Agree, get a Groupon to join Sam's Club for $20 or $25, and get gas usually at about ten cents below nearest competitor. And yes, PA has the HIGHEST gas tax in the nation. It's one of those hidden taxes and deserves to be complained about. I've been complaining about it ling before I became an Uber driver. But that's ok... Because of the highest taxes in the nation, we have these besutifub, well-designed, well-maintained roads.

·
Premium Member
397 Posts
It was a sneaky tax. The no new taxes people kept sneaking it in on fuel, tobacco, and alcohol as the fuel prices were skyrocketing during the recession. No one noticed since the price was going up every day anyhow. Then when the price came back down in other states, ours still sucked.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Agree, get a Groupon to join Sam's Club for $20 or $25, and get gas usually at about ten cents below nearest competitor. And yes, PA has the HIGHEST gas tax in the nation. It's one of those hidden taxes and deserves to be complained about. I've been complaining about it ling before I became an Uber driver. But that's ok... Because of the highest taxes in the nation, we have these besutifub, well-designed, well-maintained roads.
Are you serious? Ive lived in other states such as Texas, and Montana and the roads are better there with less taxes. Montana gets quite a bit of snow too but maybe the type of weather in Pitt makes the roads shit.

·
Premium Member
139 Posts
Are you serious? Ive lived in other states such as Texas, and Montana and the roads are better there with less taxes. Montana gets quite a bit of snow too but maybe the type of weather in Pitt makes the roads shit.
You clearly missed my sarcasm on the condition of the roads. Lost a tire AND a wheel to separate potholes this winter.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts