Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 20 of 92 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,526 Posts
I really don't think it's possible and I'm pretty sure they will just wait to Ola finishs there promotions.
Makes no sense from an Economic point of view within a company to change things and the moment.

Economics, within a company there is a thing called, Prisoner's Dilemma Economics.
Have a look at it, its on Google. You'll get a better understanding and its interesting to learn.
Who ever is somewhere at the top here in Perth, loves there Economics thats for sure.
Unfortunately the company does well, not so much the workers on the ground.
Milk wars was another good example

·
Premium Member
1,526 Posts
Economy will pickup very shortly, housing market is slowing in the East. Win, win for WA.
Every project manager I'm picking up is alot happier than 12 months ago.
When those office workers in the CBD there are happy and making money again.
Thats where it starts, it will start to filter out soon.

·
Registered
2,097 Posts
Economy will pickup very shortly, housing market is slowing in the East. Win, win for WA.
Every project manager I'm picking up is alot happier than 12 months ago.
When those office workers in the CBD there are happy and making money again.
Thats where it starts, it will start to filter out soon.
Don't get too excited. Oil prices are going up which will act as a tax on the economy which will suppress economic activity.
Prices are now $80/barrel and will probably get to $90/barrel this year and back to $100 next year as markets are tightening. Along with the predicted decline in the Aust dollar it will create further large price increases at the pump.
Furthermore, the petrol you put in your car today comes from oil that was discovered years ago. In recent time new oil discoveries have been very small and is unlikely to improve as the planet has already been well explored for hydrocarbons. We are living in interesting times.

·
Premium Member
13,781 Posts
It's shit hey, can see some protesting coming soon.
Been out for over an hour now. No ping on a Saturday. As well has high feul prices.
WTF
you operating out of rockingham?

·
Premium Member
7,158 Posts
It's shit hey, can see some protesting coming soon.
Been out for over an hour now. No ping on a Saturday. As well has high feul prices.
WTF
Where did you go what area I've been pretty busy tonight... not quiet the normal Saturday but 165 dollars for 5 hrs not too bad considering they were high speed distance and no dead kilometres

From 5 till now bounced between Scarborough and Clarkson back and forth

·
Premium Member
13,781 Posts
Where did you go what area I've been pretty busy tonight... not quiet the normal Saturday but 165 dollars for 5 hrs not too bad considering they were high speed distance and no dead kilometres

From 5 till now bounced between Scarborough and Clarkson back and forth
I'm thinking his operating around rockingham and mandurah spots. It really doesn't reflect around the normal zones that 99% of ants work.

either that or his operating from his house and accepting pings from only there while watching a couple of tv shows. :oops: For the life of me i can't get his low numbers even when i try.

Reactions: DA08

·
Premium Member
13,781 Posts
Go electric, convert a car across to electrons a fifth of the running cost of Fuel, cheaper if you play it smart

http://ozdiyelectricvehicles.com/kits/
where you going to put the riders?

Kits for Electric Vehicle Conversion
96v 15 kw AC with regen braking $3950 motor , controller , accel pedal , safety stop switch , inertia cut out switch, Dc to Dc convertor

$4000 gets me half a car that would last me a good 3-4 years :oops: You can pick up a really nice second hand car for 8 grand 2 liter engine.

North of the River can pick up Fuel at 1.34 at Caltex Woolworths Mirrabooka.
South of the river 1.34 at Caltex Woolworths Southern River
Both should be less respectively with silver/gold/platinum from 4-8 cents.
Knock it down to under 1.3 per liter.

Fuel tip is to scout around and try to head towards the direction of the fuel get a couple of rides to that location on Destination Filter. For tomorrow fuel should be mid 1.20s citywide on Monday.

·
Premium Member
1,526 Posts
Of course you put them on the roof rack.

Uber poo is on its way, uber stole the idea from south east Asia.
Share you cab, no room, get on the roof.

Go Uber, 3 world Australia lol

·
Registered
7,528 Posts
where you going to put the riders?

Kits for Electric Vehicle Conversion
96v 15 kw AC with regen braking $3950 motor , controller , accel pedal , safety stop switch , inertia cut out switch, Dc to Dc convertor

$4000 gets me half a car that would last me a good 3-4 years :oops: You can pick up a really nice second hand car for 8 grand 2 liter engine.

North of the River can pick up Fuel at 1.34 at Caltex Woolworths Mirrabooka.
South of the river 1.34 at Caltex Woolworths Southern River
Both should be less respectively with silver/gold/platinum from 4-8 cents.
Knock it down to under 1.3 per liter.

Fuel tip is to scout around and try to head towards the direction of the fuel get a couple of rides to that location on Destination Filter. For tomorrow fuel should be mid 1.20s citywide on Monday.
That conversion didn't show much imagination. If going 100% EV, rip out you Motor, transmission, fuel tank etc. That frees up a lot of space to put modules in. Then get tricky and redesign the floor pan and load that up with batteries (like Teslas).

Good little project if you had the time and tools.

If you didn't then perhaps Prince Harry has the right idea

https://www.google.com.au/amp/s/www...-meghan-markle-electric-jaguar-royal-wedding/

·
Premium Member
13,781 Posts
That conversion didn't show much imagination. If going 100% EV, rip out you Motor, transmission, fuel tank etc. That frees up a lot of space to put modules in. Then get tricky and redesign the floor pan and load that up with batteries (like Teslas).

Good little project if you had the time and tools.

If you didn't then perhaps Prince Harry has the right idea

https://www.google.com.au/amp/s/www...-meghan-markle-electric-jaguar-royal-wedding/
When electric cars is more than just 1% of the car market and becomes 10% by 2030. Hopefully battery technology will pass oil in energy density in which case it doesn't even come close. For it to compete and for the "weight" it would have to do 1500km between charges at least quite possibly 2000km since batteries are way too big and way too heavy at this stage.

Right now though oil most convenient source of energy and has been for the past hundred years.

1 - 20 of 92 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.