Uber Drivers Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
7,084 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just signing up to drive part time, plan on doing select in my new Acura RDX. I plan to work the high end areas that I know real well down in Newport Beach, California.

I have a ton of questions so hopefully I can get some help. Any advice will be great!

Toll roads, how is that handled?
Should you drive to the area you want to work or try to work your way down?
How does the software work regarding knowing where you will be going before you start?

I will stop there for now , thanks in advance. Mike

·
Registered
1,167 Posts
Just signing up to drive part time, plan on doing select in my new Acura RDX. I plan to work the high end areas that I know real well down in Newport Beach, California.

I have a ton of questions so hopefully I can get some help. Any advice will be great!

How does the software work regarding knowing where you will be going before you start?

Hello Mike, welcome to the site. Most of the participants here are drivers and others. We have talked about every item on this site.

For more information go to the top right corner "SEARCH" and pick your topics.
I would recommend to ck the following important words: 1) Insurance 2) Accident with Uber 3) Tolls 4) Regulations etc...

Good luck and be safe!

·
Registered
20 Posts
It's not helpful

Mike,
1. Set up an account with OC Tollroads and they have several options. When your passenger okays it, Uber automatically will compensate you in the fare, and then the Tollroads will deduct it from your account.
2. I start my day off in an areas such as Irvine, Airport - places where there are lots of business people. Also, stay up-to-date on events going on in the OC.
3. You will not know where your passenger is going until you start the ride. So I start with a full tank.
4. Don't chase the surge - they don't last
Welcome to Uber and have fun driving. Every ride is different making it fun!

·
Registered
7,084 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
It's not helpful

Mike,
1. Set up an account with OC Tollroads and they have several options. When your passenger okays it, Uber automatically will compensate you in the fare, and then the Tollroads will deduct it from your account.
2. I start my day off in an areas such as Irvine, Airport - places where there are lots of business people. Also, stay up-to-date on events going on in the OC.
3. You will not know where your passenger is going until you start the ride. So I start with a full tank.
4. Don't chase the surge - they don't last
Welcome to Uber and have fun driving. Every ride is different making it fun!
Thanks

1 - 9 of 9 Posts