Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,662 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
It occurred to me just today that I have never properly introduced myself to the forum. So without further ado...

Hi. I'm TRON!
I identify as a man. I spell M.A.N. Man. In other words, I do not menstruate. My pronouns are he, his, him.

My alt handles that I wish I could use in the forum are Joe_Isuzu and There-and-Back-Again.

I am independently wealthy and only do rideshare for the kicks (that's the Joe Isuzu talking). I'm generally a good person with no criminal record. I was an Honor Roll Boy Scout, a member in good standing of the Star Wars Fan Club, and... I help my landlady carry out her garbage.

Having said all that, I did spend ONE night in jail. This is a true story (for a change). It was for throwing eggs on Halloween when I was 17. Believe it or not I was innocent. I was walking down the streets in my neighborhood after nightfall with three friends. Here is the part that will sound like total BS but it's true: Unbeknownst to me, my friends had eggs in their pockets. They suddenly let loose on a house we were passing. To this day I don't know who lived in that house. We we all started running and wouldn't you know, a couple of older guys (in their 20s) saw what had happened and perused us. Wouldn't you know, I was the one that got caught. The police were called, and while waiting for the cops one of the guys popped me a good one in the mouth. When the cops showed up they told the older guys that since they didn't witness the crime the guy who did witness it would need to put me under citizens arrest. They did, and the cops took me to jail, where I spent the night and was released the following morning into my parent's custody.

In the "If only I knew then what I know now department" I would have placed the a-hole who hit me under citizens arrest before he had a chance to arrest me. Live and learn.

What else about TRON? I'm on my 35th car (5 were motorcycles). Only crashed two of them.
Wheel Tire Automotive side-view mirror Car Vehicle

Current car: 2021 Chevy Bolt​

I've been married once and got divorced over a fight as to whether the toilet roll should feed form the top or the bottom. In point of fact, the divorce was because I did not want kids. Now late in life I love kids. In fact, some of the neighborhood boys stay overnight for a clothing optional pajama party. It's a totally safe environment!

I used to keep a journal of how many jobs I've had, but I lost it. It's a lot. More directly related to rideshare, it has been my experience that exceptional service garners the most tips.

However, having said that, I help riders with their luggage not out of politeness, but out of fear they will scratch the paint of my new car when they mindlessly toss their luggage into the hatchback.

And, I placed seat covers on all seats not to get the reaction I do (women LOVE the color), but to counter the wear and tear when both pax enter the car from the same side and one of the pair drags their fat butt across the entire length of the seat.

Vehicle Motor vehicle Seat belt Car seat cover Head restraint

So that is a brief sketch of what TRON is all about. I feel this thread is a good investment because at a minimum @MHR and @Lissetti will flag the post. So what's not to love?

·
Premium Member
7,223 Posts
Wow you've only wrecked 2 out of 35 vehicles?

I guess you could say I've wrecked 5 out of 6 vehicles I've put substantial miles onto. I have owned 3 sedans, a CUV, and a motorcycle, and also driven a family pickup truck a lot.

I don't think I ever wrecked the first sedan but it died on the side of the highway. My second sedan I crashed and totaled. The third Sedan I've been rear ended in twice and collided with other cars on at least one occasion at slow speed and before I inherited it, my mom crashed it. I also crashed my CUV once into another SUV. I got hit by an SUV on my motorcycle once and I've also dropped it a few times and one time hit my foot against a rock at slow speed forcing me to drop it and causing some foot injury. I also reversed my the pickup truck once into a parked vehicle busting out the tail light, and got out of it once when it rolled down a hill afterwards and crashed into a sage brush.

I've crashed more vehicles than I've owned. I've also been a passenger in a pickup truck that got totaled in a multicar pileup once.

Who wants to lend me their car? To my credit, I drive my friend's car sometimes and I've never wrecked it yet.

Although I've never been in jail, I personally have a lengthy criminal record since all moving violations in my state have historically been criminal misdemeanors.

·
Premium Member
7,223 Posts
To me it seems risky allowing a minor to be in your house.

The neighbor kids sometimes come up and talk to me if I'm in my driveway working on my motorcycle or my car, and I enjoy showing them stuff and talking to them but at the same time I'm really kinda terrified to interact with them.

I generally get the impression that adult males are not supposed to interact with children and if we do we are wrongly assumed to be child molesters.

·
Administrator
7,811 Posts
I think @MHR would just yoink it.
Keep it PG-13 and it's all good.

Wait...we probably need to change that to G rated for you. :oops:

I think it'd be cool to hear from those that haven't done an official introduction.

·
Premium Member
3,662 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 · (Edited)
To me it seems risky allowing a minor to be in your house.

The neighbor kids sometimes come up and talk to me if I'm in my driveway working on my motorcycle or my car, and I enjoy showing them stuff and talking to them but at the same time I'm really kinda terrified to interact with them.

I generally get the impression that adult males are not supposed to interact with children and if we do we are wrongly assumed to be child molesters.
Besides the fact that I was clearly joking in my post.. I know what you mean. All men are getting painted with the same brush these days. We all must be careful to be totally appropriate with kids, but I try not to let that inhibit contact with children. Knowing the parents, or rather letting the parents get to know you makes a big difference. I will be going up the road later today to break bread with friends after some earlier events here. The friends have a 2.5 year old who is in love with me. We're having a juicy little affair. She actually waits in the hallway when I am due to show up. Then she clings to me and hangs off me practicing calisthenics the whole time. Love in her eyes. Now that is a special kind of love you just can't buy, and no way I wouldn't succumb to it.

Not trying to be cocky either. If only women my own age would have responded to me in the same way (tearful emoji). Most all the women I've been attracted to in life didn't know I was alive. Most all the women who went for me was the reverse. For some reason I'm a chick magnet for the under 10 ladies. Go figure. (Although now that I am old, the young babes that get in my Uber car really like me because they feel "safe" with me. It's sickening).

1 - 13 of 13 Posts