Uber Drivers Forum banner
3K views 21 replies 11 participants last post by  wk1102 
#1 · (Edited by Moderator)
Hi my name is Branden and i was recently working with uber up until a week ago I got into an accident that damaged my car to the point that I cant drive for uber.
Uber was my only source of income and transportation for my family. I'm unable to drive with the current damage to the car. I was cut off on the freeway by a lady who was on the phone and didnt see me! Now my fender rubs against the tire and i cannot drive it like that.
I will not be able to pay my bills and rent.

#9 ·
Hmm..... I see door damage, but no picture showing a fender in contact with a tire. So go to her insurance company or your own insurance company, and get it fixed. BTW, it's collision coverage, not comprehensive. Comp would pay if a tree fell on your car, for instance.

#11 ·
Used to sell fire and casualty insurance, (nearly fifty years ago) so I was speaking from that position. We were told that technically, "full coverage" wasn't available, because that would indicate coverage with no limits or deductibles. But you are correct, the terms vary depending on where you live and what insurer you might be using. Bottom line, the OP's accident should be covered.:p

#12 ·
Lol, is this post serious? You don't even show damage in the area that you are describing, man? Secondly, you don't even post the donate link...just screenshots.

On top of that, from where that damage is located, it looks more like YOU were the one cutting someone off and paid the price for it. Why do I say this? Look at the door handle, that damage is located more towards the back of the car. Furthermore, the panel close to the rear tires are damaged. That only happens when you hit something from the side...like when you try to overtake somebody and failed. In your scenario, if she tried to overtake you and failed, it would simply not be possible from that damage location. You would have to be IN FRONT of her and CLEARLY VISIBLE for her bumper to cause damage in that manner.

We weren't born yesterday. Drive smarter, don't be an idiot.

#13 ·
Fender doesnt look that bad. That front door is screwed.
Take fender off.fold blanket 4layers thick.place fender on blanket on cement,hammer untill fender no longer rubs.
Might try a pipe wrench on that door skin corner to bend out untill it seals.
Try to drive nights untill you can afford replacement panels at junk yard.
You any good with bondo and spray paint ?

#20 ·
It's my birthday soon, I'm an uber x driver so, as you know, I can't afford to by myself a nice birthday present. Please send me some money so I can buy myself something nice?

Actually my birth day is in Nov, so you can send multiple installments, Cash check PayPal visa gift cards money orders bit coin, precious metals, stock certificates whatever is easiest for you I'm not too picky.

Thanks and God bless

#22 ·
Private message me if you need my PayPal , mailing address, Google wallet Id, or various bank of America donation account names, I'll also accept property deeds OR vehicle / boat titles in lieu of money, as I said before, I'm not too picky.

I can make arrangements for personal pick up if the donation is large enough and I'll include a personal thank you and a hand shake or a hug. (at my discretion of course) I can also add tears to my thank you hand shake/hug large donation appreciation appearance for a nominal fee, it really does add to your overall giving experience, so I've been told.

If donating change, I suggest saving it until you can convert it paper money, you have to get a stamp anyway no sense in us, both being inconvenienced.

Thanks again and remember the real gift is in giving!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.