Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello fellow Dayton Uber drivers, thought I would introduce myself, I'm Steve. Been driving for uber for the last 2 months and averaging about $300-$400 in fares just driving the busy times about 20-25 hours a week. Hows everyone else doing? I drive a 2011 Blue Toyota Camry and I have the Uber decals all over the car so if you see me feel free to come up and say Hi! Anybody driving Full-Time out there and able to make a living doing it? I just don't think there's a big enough market for it. Could be wrong. What kind of car's are you all using to Uber in? I'm think about getting a hybrid to save on fuel. I'll be pretty active in the forum, Just trying to get our small community organized a bit. See-ya! Keep on Ubering!

·
Registered
5 Posts
I'm totally new. Started driving today. I just have been sitting at home watching Netflix with the app open for most of today. I've only gotten two fares so far. I have a job that I work about 32hrs/week and am kinda just doing this as a bit of bonus pay in my free time. I drive a brand new 2015 Kia Forte5 filled up my tank for the first time today haha. I live like 3 minutes from Miller ln.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi ChrisB1090, I live in springfield and I leave my uber on most of the day too during the week and get the occasional airport run. But really I have found the best time to work is 10pm-3am wed-sat. I try to focus on the southern part of Dayton (Centerville, Kettering, Miamisburg, Beavercreek.) I sometimes get runs down to the Oregon District but don't usually sit down there. Keep on Ubering!

·
Registered
72 Posts
In case you haven't figured it out yet, most Dayton discussion is in the Cincinnati forum. I have posted extensively there on driving in Dayton though most of that was 6 months or more ago and some of the info may be a little stale now.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yep no problem. I think I have read about every on the Dayton area I can find. Hopefully, us Daytonians can start helping each other out.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Hey. Thanks for the dayton forum. I would love to know how many dayton drivers there are. I know another lives about 8 min away based on sitting at home in huber. And i kinda by accident referred another about 10 min away.
Working a regular 45 hr job i still do uber most wks 30-35 hrs..

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hi! I have been driving for 3 weeks out of Xenia. I am able to drive afternoons and early eves. right now, and have gotten rides every day-some days more than others. I am looking forward to doing some nights and early morn hours. I get on the rider app and can see how many other drivers there are in the area. Xenia is pretty empty of drivers, usually. I will check here for any advice anyone cares to post! I am so new, I don't have any advice yet! Drive safe!!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi! I just started driving today. I live near downtown Dayton and I've had 3 fares today. 2 early in the day and 1 so far this evening. I'm leaving my app on and hopefully going to catch the people who don't want to drive home after partying. I work a full-time job 3 days a week so thought I would try this on my downtime. Glad to find a forum for Dayton drivers! Drive safe!

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hello everyone. I started today and i know 2 other guys i work with drive too. I work full time tues-fri and am going to do uber for car parts. I'm driving a 2014 ford fusion Ti with a very rare 6 speed manual transmission. Every fare i had liked the ride. I live in Oakwood, so I'm really close to UD, greene, all that fun stuff.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Hi FR9Ford, welcome to our little forum! Feel free to ask any questions and I'll try to help out the best I can. Uber On!

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hello fellow Dayton Uber drivers, thought I would introduce myself, I'm Steve. Been driving for uber for the last 2 months and averaging about $300-$400 in fares just driving the busy times about 20-25 hours a week. Hows everyone else doing? I drive a 2011 Blue Toyota Camry and I have the Uber decals all over the car so if you see me feel free to come up and say Hi! Anybody driving Full-Time out there and able to make a living doing it? I just don't think there's a big enough market for it. Could be wrong. What kind of car's are you all using to Uber in? I'm think about getting a hybrid to save on fuel. I'll be pretty active in the forum, Just trying to get our small community organized a bit. See-ya! Keep on Ubering!
I drive a brand new, stylish, head-turning Ford Fusion. Been at it 2 weeks. I'm Jim. Call me Soly. I was introduced to Uber while vacationing in NoCal. Spent the majority of my life humping boxes for Fredex. Can't complain, Fred Smith enabled me to live my life, raise my family. Met him once, in Memphis. 1984. He asked me if we were kicking Emery's ass. I answered "Yes sir, we are!" We did. I still hump boxes for Fredex, part-time. It's a job for young men. I'm not young. Thx, Travis!

·
Registered
77 Posts
Hey. Anyone know how or where to send a vechicle registration renewal to avoid getting deactivated?
I have emailed 3 uber reps from emails i have. One no response. 2 others it wont go through.
I know cicny has a office. But not lowly dayton that i am aware

1 - 16 of 16 Posts