Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just started driving for Uber a couple months ago. Great way to make a few bucks and meet new people. You can't make a ton of money, but it's good play money.

·
Registered
1,936 Posts
Drivers seeking to earn a living wage in Charlotte should stop completely. Uber has a lot of nerve expecting to take so much for each ride knowing it's not possible to make a living wage and still cover expenses related to insuring and maintaining a vehicle (never mind gas costs).

But I'm sure they've got a staff of accountants who know how to force the local driver stable to walk the line of indentured servitude and freedom through quitting.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
People choose to drive or not to drive. If someone is looking to make a career out of Uber, it's the wrong business to be in. I get about 60% of the fares I take.

·
Registered
1,936 Posts
The primary problem with your thinking is that you wink and nod as they treat a legitimate industry (livery/cab) which provides a living wage like prey. While Uber may not care, drivers should not be cannibalizing their own economies for a globalist overlord who adds nothing to the local economy but cheap rides to people who should be taking a bus or staying home.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
There is no problem with my thinking. Don't like Uber, don't deal with it. I do what i want for the reasons i want to. Uber is spending money for me, and it does that for me.

·
Registered
2 Posts
You gotta be mentally disturb if you think you can make more than minimum wage driving Uber; but if you are driving for fun, and help Uber use people like you for their billions then keep up the good work!

·
Registered
27 Posts
Uber is able to pay drivers poverty wages because of people like Paul. Oh...i'm just here to make a few bucks because I have another source of income. In the meantime everyone else gets screwed.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Uber is able to pay drivers poverty wages because of people like Paul. Oh...i'm just here to make a few bucks because I have another source of income. In the meantime everyone else gets screwed.
Actually, I don't have another source of income. I do it because I like it, and I make a few bucks. Plus, I get to drive the Hemi around. Don't like it? Don't do it. If i had to make money it certainly wouldn't be what I'd choose to do.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts