Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Premium Member
8,240 Posts
X-post from Annapolis Forum (since nobody reads that anyways)

So either wise up, or stay out, because you are going to end up hurting yourself the most.
If I had a trip from my area to Ocean City, I'd stay there and do trips. I'm pretty sure my GPS would get me where I need to fine. Can you please explain in full detail how just because someone doesnt live in Ocean City they arent able to get people from A to B? serious question. Including please explain how "coastal highway works". You dont drive on them, you just hover on them or something?

I turned on the app a few weeks ago when I was there, glad I didn't waste my vacation waiting for a surge. They're all short trips, people who can't/won't take the $3 beach bus, with sand everywhere in the back seat of the car.
As with most cities where things are congested and close, riders dont need to go to far for the most part,so sure plenty rides are short. However, in the greater md market that OC is in, its the top city that surges the most. And any surge is great money. More than any other market in MD,DC,and probably VA too

how hard is it to drive up and down a street?
That's what im trying to figure out. Like ive never been to LA, but how hard is it to pick up people and take them somewhere? Being a cab driver is not rocket science

'

And is it worth it for the weekends? The financial aspect of coming down for a weekend just to Uber can't be worth it.
Im 30min from bmore, i would never drive to Ocean just to try to make some money for one day. And I doubt theres a drone of people from bmore doing that. Stop believing all the crap the cheap pax have to say

·
Premium Member
8,240 Posts
I know this is old but this is pretty funny - the whole post really, but especially this line. Coastal Highway is in the US, right? Red, green, speed limit, left turn arrows? Is there a secret "locals only" lane I'm unaware of?
lol right
im trying to figure out what's the difficulty in knowing how to navigate OC streets/highways

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.