Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Premium Member
362 Posts
What are the best Uber/Hertz rental offices in Sf Bay Area to rent a car for UBER?

Is Hertz Fremont location taking reservation?
No, Fremont is not taking reservations anymore. The only one is on Bryant st. But, they don't have available reservations until July, at least that's what the guy on phone told me. I didn't believe him so, went online and is true, you can't make reservations for Fremont and the next available on Bryant st. is on July 23.
What a freaking joke of program, if you need a rental you need it right away or at least next day, that's the way it was, but I feel they will discontinue the program soon, just like enterprise did.
By the way I don't recommend you to make business with this people, last time I rented with them they are rude, rude, rude as hell. They treat uber drivers trying to rent like garbage, they give you filthy cars with mechanical problems.
They gave me a car with registration expiring in 2 days, then when called to extend for one more week they told me I have to return the car right away because I were driving with expired registration for 5 days. So went back since I were close to bryant st. made me wait for like one hour and they gave me the new registration and sticker.
Just told them u kidding me how the *** you rent a car with a regist expiring in 2 days.
Just check yelp reviews they are all true.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Another great source for filthy cars with problems is “Getaround for Uber”. All cars called a city name with U at the end, owned by the same “Annie”, many with regn 7XUX... Guess it’s where all those lease cars went to die.

·
Registered
183 Posts
Anybody know how hertz handles Uber tolls ?
If you don't have a fastrak you can go through tolls but you'll be automatically enlisted in their plate pass program. You'll be billed the toll plus a $5 convenience fee each day you use their service. You also pay maximum amount of the toll, not discount.

Overall: Not worth it at all. The costs easily add up especially if you drive to or from the city each day. If you go through one bridge each day for 5 days that's 25 bucks plus whatever the toll is. May not seem like much until you get hit with a 240 dollar bill and wonder if it's a mistake only to realize it's not. You just forgot how long you've been driving

1 - 20 of 20 Posts