Uber Drivers Forum banner
21 - 40 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
962 Posts
The thing that you all don't know guys is hertz cars don't have liability insurance, so if u did any accident you're F****, no kidding, uber Inssurance covers you only while ubering, and if it's your fault it doesn't cover hertz car which has damage waiver protection for 1000$ Deductible, also I got pulled over once and the cup told me the car had no insurance.
Good luck guys.
When I rent a HERTZ, my personal auto policy covers me same as if I was was driving my own car. Interesting point. There has to be liability insurance somewhere. You can't register the vehicle without it.
From uber app-
All Hertz rentals include liability protection, no additional insurance is required to drive with Uber. The amount of protection is dependent on the period of use. Rentals also include physical damage protection for damage in excess of $1,000 via physical damage afforded by Hertz or Uber's commercial insurance policy. Thus, in the event of an accident, if you are found to be at-fault, the most you will pay for damage to the car is $1,000

·
Premium Member
16 Posts
In my case,
Hertz car was my only car so I didn't have personal car insurance. And if you read you contract with hertz liability protection is declined.
Yes there is no insurance required to drive for uber but there is one required if you want to drive it for personal use.
Hertz waiver protection is only for hertz car
If you damaged anything else it is your responsibility.

·
Registered
962 Posts
It's so weird ! I had a hertz rental and I couldn't find an insurance card anywhere in the car. I don't see any reason I wouldn't have got a ticket for no insurance.

I went back and asked for an insurance card but they had none to give me
It's written into the rental contract. If you have any doubts about minimum liability insurance with hertz, make sure you understand the product before purchase.
I do hope you're all deterred from renting a car though. I may need to rent one soon, and that would help availability.

·
Premium Member
1,933 Posts
The thing that you all don't know guys is hertz cars don't have liability insurance, so if u did any accident you're F****, no kidding, uber Inssurance covers you only while ubering, and if it's your fault it doesn't cover hertz car which has damage waiver protection for 1000$ Deductible, also I got pulled over once and the cup told me the car had no insurance.
Good luck guys.
Just because I drive a rental to shuttle PAX to and fro doesn't mean I don't also own a nice car with full insurance including a rideshare endorsement to limit my liability in case of any accident and hedge against uber/Lyft deductibles regardless of what car I'm driving at the moment.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #30 ·
Hertz vehicles are self insured.
Yeap, Certificate of Self-Insurance from DMV: the California DMV can issue a self-insurance certificate to an applicant who has more than 25 vehicles under his or her name and is able to - and will likely continue to be able to - pay judgments against him or her in amounts at least equal to the liability limits set by state (15/30/5). The department may require applicants to submit evidence of financial ability prior to issuance.

·
Registered
1,497 Posts
It's designed to help when the car is getting an oil change or something similar , it's supposed to be a short term solution.

I don't think hertz is winning out of this deal those sentras have to be sold off at a huge loss if you ask me, the cars are trashed inside including the engine, 200$ for a car getting over 1000 miles a week ?! Enterprise is out and xchange leading is winding business down ( no money to be made) on the other hand maven is just getting warmed up lol but it's GM they don't have to be profitable, I believe they will collect data from those cars for self driving and mapping efforts.
For a 30 minute oil change?

I agree it's definitely an option and also agree with the previous post about it being short term. The problem is most are using it as a long term alternative and frankly the cost doesn't justify it at all, imo. I see too many post about driver being dependent on these rentals and it's a little disheartening because I understand some have very limited options. In end, much like this job, no one should really look at this gig as a long term option at all. The hours put in and the wear and tear on the body isn't good. It's the reason I drive less rideshare lately and am happy to do 30 hours a week and balance it with some amazon flex to get the little exercise, and tbh, the respite from pax.
I tried amaz flex 3 x. The boxes, order, and app didn't work and warehouse staff unhelpful. How did you figure out how to do it?
And i used to deliver mail for post office which was easy, and deliver pax for uber, which is easy. I wanted to do amaz flex but can't figure out HOW to do it. They're training videos area USELESS.
Was thinking of paying someone to ride along with for a few hours. You game?

I have been using hertz for last 10 months and I can guarantee that I have put more than 100k miles on that cars between uber and personal use. Drove several times to San Diego and LA. Yes I have charged over 8k to my cc, but if I would bougth a car from a dealer I would have a debt and a junk car for about the same money. How much would cost me to put over 100k on my own car? Payments, insurance, tires, brakes, oil changes. I doubt I could make it with 8k. And like SirSurge said the peace of mind driving a rental is priceless, most uber riders abuse, not their car not their problem.
I want a rental!!! How get rid of my car that i owe $30k on (because i traded in 2 other cars that weren't right for Uber. Stupid uncomfortable prius. Chevy volt, bad back seat for 3 pax) and it's 50 k mls (dealer will only give me $13k for it today). Then I'm still out $17k. Wtf I'm going to do? Can't keep doing Uber but now i have to. Or get my body in shape and get a regular job. But that will take at least a month of no driving, which i can't afford. Wish i had a rental from beginning. My car payments are $800 interest free for 5 years (til may 2021).
Turo -rent your car- only pays about $40 day. And unstable income.
Currently due to body pain from Uber i can only drive about 2 days a week, can't even do that but have to. Then once i start driving i feel fine and keep going. But when i get out...ouch. and can't sleep either from the pain. Everywhere from big right toe to nose

·
Registered
449 Posts
Just because I drive a rental to shuttle PAX to and fro doesn't mean I don't also own a nice car with full insurance including a rideshare endorsement to limit my liability in case of any accident and hedge against uber/Lyft deductibles regardless of what car I'm driving at the moment.
Ditto, ftr. The rental was kind of the shit if I'm being honest. Road trips with option to uber... Was nice.

Period sex in the back seat without worrying about stains... Wait what?

·
Premium Member
11,893 Posts
It's designed to help when the car is getting an oil change or something similar , it's supposed to be a short term solution.
You'd be surprised. I went to Hertz to find out about getting an Ubermobile when I was between cars. There was a line of drivers ahead of me and all of the guys returning were at the end of four week rentals and were renewing for another month.

·
Registered
2,570 Posts
You'd be surprised. I went to Hertz to find out about getting an Ubermobile when I was between cars. There was a line of drivers ahead of me and all of the guys returning were at the end of four week rentals and were renewing for another month.
I wonder if these guys have heard of xchange leasing ! similar car in better condition for 110$/week but nop lol people prefer to pay 180$ to now 230$/week for months .

I had an xchange leasing car,brand new with 14 or less miles on the odometer and it cost me 140$ taxes included , I drove the life out of that thing :D

For a 30 minute oil change?

I tried amaz flex 3 x. The boxes, order, and app didn't work and warehouse staff unhelpful. How did you figure out how to do it?
And i used to deliver mail for post office which was easy, and deliver pax for uber, which is easy. I wanted to do amaz flex but can't figure out HOW to do it. They're training videos area USELESS.
Was thinking of paying someone to ride along with for a few hours. You game?

I want a rental!!! How get rid of my car that i owe $30k on (because i traded in 2 other cars that weren't right for Uber. Stupid uncomfortable prius. Chevy volt, bad back seat for 3 pax) and it's 50 k mls (dealer will only give me $13k for it today). Then I'm still out $17k. Wtf I'm going to do? Can't keep doing Uber but now i have to. Or get my body in shape and get a regular job. But that will take at least a month of no driving, which i can't afford. Wish i had a rental from beginning. My car payments are $800 interest free for 5 years (til may 2021).
Turo -rent your car- only pays about $40 day. And unstable income.
Currently due to body pain from Uber i can only drive about 2 days a week, can't even do that but have to. Then once i start driving i feel fine and keep going. But when i get out...ouch. and can't sleep either from the pain. Everywhere from big right toe to nose
try adjusting your seat and don't be afraid to try new positions, I have my seat up high which I only see old ladies do lol so while I may not look "cool" I feel better, also try amazon seat merchandise for back pain , try and return what doesn't work.

·
Registered
1,477 Posts
I was not talking about us the driver. If you read the person I quoted it might have made more sense.
If a company is losing loads of money renting cars to people, you should stop for a second and wonder why? Who's screwing who here?

People doing a weekly lease were banging it out on some corporate chest. They aren't all so dumb.

In short, companies got schooled in depreciation. Renters showed them the damage that could be done in a week.

·
Premium Member
1,116 Posts
If a company is losing loads of money renting cars to people, you should stop for a second and wonder why? Who's screwing who here?

People doing a weekly lease were banging it out on some corporate chest. They aren't all so dumb.

In short, companies got schooled in depreciation. Renters showed them the damage that could be done in a week.
It definitely fits within their growth strategy, funding a large driver fleet with vc money using signup bonuses and cars for anyone who wants one.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #40 ·
Font Screenshot Rectangle Parallel Event
I wonder if these guys have heard of xchange leasing ! similar car in better condition for 110$/week but nop lol people prefer to pay 180$ to now 230$/week for months .

I had an xchange leasing car,brand new with 14 or less miles on the odometer and it cost me 140$ taxes included , I drove the life out of that thing :D

try adjusting your seat and don't be afraid to try new positions, I have my seat up high which I only see old ladies do lol so while I may not look "cool" I feel better, also try amazon seat merchandise for back pain , try and return what doesn't work.
Exchange didn't approve everyone, even me I have an excellent credit. That was about a year ago.

21 - 40 of 47 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.