Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
962 Posts
The thing that you all don't know guys is hertz cars don't have liability insurance, so if u did any accident you're F****, no kidding, uber Inssurance covers you only while ubering, and if it's your fault it doesn't cover hertz car which has damage waiver protection for 1000$ Deductible, also I got pulled over once and the cup told me the car had no insurance.
Good luck guys.
When I rent a HERTZ, my personal auto policy covers me same as if I was was driving my own car. Interesting point. There has to be liability insurance somewhere. You can't register the vehicle without it.
From uber app-
All Hertz rentals include liability protection, no additional insurance is required to drive with Uber. The amount of protection is dependent on the period of use. Rentals also include physical damage protection for damage in excess of $1,000 via physical damage afforded by Hertz or Uber's commercial insurance policy. Thus, in the event of an accident, if you are found to be at-fault, the most you will pay for damage to the car is $1,000

·
Registered
962 Posts
It's so weird ! I had a hertz rental and I couldn't find an insurance card anywhere in the car. I don't see any reason I wouldn't have got a ticket for no insurance.

I went back and asked for an insurance card but they had none to give me
It's written into the rental contract. If you have any doubts about minimum liability insurance with hertz, make sure you understand the product before purchase.
I do hope you're all deterred from renting a car though. I may need to rent one soon, and that would help availability.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.