Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,570 Posts
So about $1,020 per month including taxes by my calculation. One thousand dollars per month to rent a Sentra!

:D HA HA HA HA HA! :D

Now that's some funny shit right there.
It's designed to help when the car is getting an oil change or something similar , it's supposed to be a short term solution.

I don't think hertz is winning out of this deal those sentras have to be sold off at a huge loss if you ask me, the cars are trashed inside including the engine, 200$ for a car getting over 1000 miles a week ?! Enterprise is out and xchange leading is winding business down ( no money to be made) on the other hand maven is just getting warmed up lol but it's GM they don't have to be profitable, I believe they will collect data from those cars for self driving and mapping efforts.

·
Registered
2,570 Posts
Last year this time I started with the rental and it's actually kind of dope... You'd get to $200 on Monday and everything from there is all good. No wear and tear on your own vehicle at all... Can drive those things like a &%[email protected]!*ig maniac between passengers and that kinda fun.

Flat tire? Gravy. Oil change? Gravy. Catastrophic engine failure? Gravy. Dirty passengers with food? Slamming doors? Gravy.

The way it is now it'd take 1.5-2 times as long to cover the rental cost... That said... I've missed is because Of the mileage I've put on my personal vehicle (which I know is obviously part of the game).

Better than the leasing bullshit for sure because no exorbitant insurance cost.

I really can't underscore enough how great it feels to have some ******bag slam your door and be able to ride off smiling, not caring that you just drove a bunch of miles in the wrong direction and have to deadhead back because it's not your ride.
Exactly ! Thank you lol some weeks I put 2000 miles on the car , in a single week !!!! People would bang on the car and I would smile to say "don't worry about it" rental life isn't that bad

·
Registered
2,570 Posts
You'd be surprised. I went to Hertz to find out about getting an Ubermobile when I was between cars. There was a line of drivers ahead of me and all of the guys returning were at the end of four week rentals and were renewing for another month.
I wonder if these guys have heard of xchange leasing ! similar car in better condition for 110$/week but nop lol people prefer to pay 180$ to now 230$/week for months .

I had an xchange leasing car,brand new with 14 or less miles on the odometer and it cost me 140$ taxes included , I drove the life out of that thing :D

For a 30 minute oil change?

I tried amaz flex 3 x. The boxes, order, and app didn't work and warehouse staff unhelpful. How did you figure out how to do it?
And i used to deliver mail for post office which was easy, and deliver pax for uber, which is easy. I wanted to do amaz flex but can't figure out HOW to do it. They're training videos area USELESS.
Was thinking of paying someone to ride along with for a few hours. You game?

I want a rental!!! How get rid of my car that i owe $30k on (because i traded in 2 other cars that weren't right for Uber. Stupid uncomfortable prius. Chevy volt, bad back seat for 3 pax) and it's 50 k mls (dealer will only give me $13k for it today). Then I'm still out $17k. Wtf I'm going to do? Can't keep doing Uber but now i have to. Or get my body in shape and get a regular job. But that will take at least a month of no driving, which i can't afford. Wish i had a rental from beginning. My car payments are $800 interest free for 5 years (til may 2021).
Turo -rent your car- only pays about $40 day. And unstable income.
Currently due to body pain from Uber i can only drive about 2 days a week, can't even do that but have to. Then once i start driving i feel fine and keep going. But when i get out...ouch. and can't sleep either from the pain. Everywhere from big right toe to nose
try adjusting your seat and don't be afraid to try new positions, I have my seat up high which I only see old ladies do lol so while I may not look "cool" I feel better, also try amazon seat merchandise for back pain , try and return what doesn't work.

·
Registered
2,570 Posts
View attachment 156409
Believe It or Not, "insufficient uber trips driven" this is one of the reasons they gave me, my oldest credit card date from 2001, 720 score. Whatever, they discountinued the program.
That's bs because the xchange leasing wsmas giving priority to brand new drivers but that may be different in each region ,recruiting was the whole point of the program.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.