Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Except there is no insurance or maintenance.

Gas is your only expense beyond the rental contract.

As I said above, a solid days worth of earnings is for the rental...

... But you don't have to give a &%[email protected]!* about the car. The peace of mind of that is almost priceless.
I have been using hertz for last 10 months and I can guarantee that I have put more than 100k miles on that cars between uber and personal use. Drove several times to San Diego and LA. Yes I have charged over 8k to my cc, but if I would bougth a car from a dealer I would have a debt and a junk car for about the same money. How much would cost me to put over 100k on my own car? Payments, insurance, tires, brakes, oil changes. I doubt I could make it with 8k. And like SirSurge said the peace of mind driving a rental is priceless, most uber riders abuse, not their car not their problem.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #30 ·
Hertz vehicles are self insured.
Yeap, Certificate of Self-Insurance from DMV: the California DMV can issue a self-insurance certificate to an applicant who has more than 25 vehicles under his or her name and is able to - and will likely continue to be able to - pay judgments against him or her in amounts at least equal to the liability limits set by state (15/30/5). The department may require applicants to submit evidence of financial ability prior to issuance.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #40 ·
Font Screenshot Rectangle Parallel Event
I wonder if these guys have heard of xchange leasing ! similar car in better condition for 110$/week but nop lol people prefer to pay 180$ to now 230$/week for months .

I had an xchange leasing car,brand new with 14 or less miles on the odometer and it cost me 140$ taxes included , I drove the life out of that thing :D

try adjusting your seat and don't be afraid to try new positions, I have my seat up high which I only see old ladies do lol so while I may not look "cool" I feel better, also try amazon seat merchandise for back pain , try and return what doesn't work.
Exchange didn't approve everyone, even me I have an excellent credit. That was about a year ago.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #47 · (Edited)
Doesn't credit stuff not count after 7 years? If so, u have no credit, not good credit. Kinda like they told you in the rejection. U thought a life of no debt was wise and stuff like that, but the powers that be disagree.
You misunderstood what I said, opened my first CC in 2001 . I do have credit cards with high limits since many years ago, never been late, 720 score, paid auto financing 2 years ago, if that is not credit history for them.
They just had to give a bogus excuse to decline leases, because they knew it was a big loss for them, or why you think they discontinued the program?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.