Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I picked up this guy from a local car dealership. He needed to go to the next town over which in my area is a good fare so I was happy to have a good drive. Most of the ride was good. We get to just before the last turn and he asked to pull into a Taco Bell to get some food. No problem. I asked if he wanted to run in or drive thru and he wanted to go in and asked me to wait. So I park he gets out and goes in as I sit and wait. 5 minutes go by. 10 minutes go by and I stated to wonder if he ditched me. But why would he. I still get paid for the ride. After 15 minutes I go in and you guessed it. He is sitting eating his meal. WTF! So I tell him I am eating his ride. He says he asked if i would wait an i said yes. I explained to him that i understood that he was getting it to go and i was leaving. He then asked how he's supposed to get home? Told him to call another uber or walk. He didn't want to pay another fee so he gathered his stuff and asked me to take him the rest of the way. It was only another half mile so I did. But I shouldn't have now that I think about it. He said nothing but thanks when he got out during the rest of the ride.

·
Premium Member
62,878 Posts
So I picked up this guy from a local car dealership. He needed to go to the next town over which in my area is a good fare so I was happy to have a good drive. Most of the ride was good. We get to just before the last turn and he asked to pull into a Taco Bell to get some food. No problem. I asked if he wanted to run in or drive thru and he wanted to go in and asked me to wait. So I park he gets out and goes in as I sit and wait. 5 minutes go by. 10 minutes go by and I stated to wonder if he ditched me. But why would he. I still get paid for the ride. After 15 minutes I go in and you guessed it. He is sitting eating his meal. WTF! So I tell him I am eating his ride. He says he asked if i would wait an i said yes. I explained to him that i understood that he was getting it to go and i was leaving. He then asked how he's supposed to get home? Told him to call another uber or walk. He didn't want to pay another fee so he gathered his stuff and asked me to take him the rest of the way. It was only another half mile so I did. But I shouldn't have now that I think about it. He said nothing but thanks when he got out during the rest of the ride.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
10,826 Posts
Should have made him walk, 1*'ed him. Your rating could have taken the hit too.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts