Uber Drivers Forum banner

1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
1,181 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If a moderator locks or otherwise shuts down a discussion thread, said moderator shall clearly articulate their bona-fide reason(s) in the thread's final post before executing censorship action.

What I would like to see is a check & balance mechanism in place requiring a 2nd moderator to approve the 1st moderator's intent of censorship thus requiring the 2nd moderator published endorsement on the final thread post of the 1st moderator.

·
Premium Member
13,239 Posts
If a moderator locks or otherwise shuts down a discussion thread, said moderator shall clearly articulate their bona-fide reason(s) in the thread's final post before executing censorship action.

What I would like to see is a check & balance mechanism in place requiring a 2nd moderator to approve the 1st moderator's intent of censorship thus requiring the 2nd moderator published endorsement on the final thread post of the 1st moderator.
What i would like to see is every member act like an adult, so we don't need to wast time cleaning up foul language, racial epithets, and generally antagonistic posts, zap.

If you arent sure, let me remind you, the TOS you agreed to by logging in states plainly that your posts grant free license to the site, and that they may be edited or deleted for any reason.

Edit: acting like an adult includes taking an edit or a warning, as a reminder of the TOS, instead of a personal affront.

·
Registered
15,008 Posts
What i would like to see is every member act like an adult, so we don't need to wast time cleaning up foul language, racial epithets, and generally antagonistic posts, zap.
Adults are generally the ones that do ALL those things mentioned.

Just sayin...

·
Registered
17,830 Posts
Everyone here is accountable for their actions. The report feature works. Doesn't matter the rank of the person you report, abuse is still unacceptable :)

·
Premium Member
13,239 Posts
Its true. Though, reporting is for drawing attention to TOS violations. Not to dogwhistle and play moderators against another member or each other to get your way. So use it judiciously. Crying wolf to "win" an argument might not work the way you expect.

·
Registered
15,008 Posts
What I hate most about threads that are shut down is that it seems every time I'm in the middle of writing an epic post, but by the time I hit reply, it's too late. She's been closed.

A great post that isn't posted is like a beer that isn't consumed.
Like a bubble butt that doesn't twerk.
Like a bomb that doesn't explode.

Crying wolf to "win" an argument might not work the way you expect.
Anyone that tries this should be banned for being a coward.
Or at the very least outed so we can ridicule them.

·
Premium Member
13,239 Posts
What I hate most about threads that are shut down is that it seems every time I'm in the middle of writing an epic post, but by the time I hit reply, it's too late. She's been closed.

A great post that isn't posted is like a beer that isn't consumed.
Like a bubble butt that doesn't twerk.
Like a bomb that doesn't explode.

Anyone that tries this should be banned for being a coward.
Or at the very least outed so we can ridicule them.
Noe, the unexploded bomb reference says a lot.

And, would you like to be outed, if it is you? Something tells me you might not. You, or Fiddy.

You have over 12400 posts. Expressing yourself doesn't seem to be a problem.

·
Registered
15,008 Posts

·
Premium Member
13,239 Posts
I see. Sounds a little like "the animal" referenced in backdraft.

You might be proving my point.

·
Premium Member
13,239 Posts
I believe the mod team largely disagrees, and feels there are more effective ways to deal with this sort of thing than antagonistic posts. If a person gets enough warning points, they might need a different outlet.

·
Registered
15,008 Posts
I believe the mod team largely disagrees, and feels there are more effective ways to deal with this sort of thing than antagonistic posts. If a person gets enough warning points, they might need a different outlet.
Oh I don't agree with OP.

I'm simply posting the effects on me when a thread is shut down.

·
Registered
15,008 Posts
You did suggest we out users for the purpose of ridicule though.
Yeah I didn't know people reported users when they were losing arguments.

I stand by my statement.

Yeah I didn't know people reported users when they were losing arguments.

I stand by my statement.
Now I wonder how many times I've been reported when I was putting someone in their place.

·
Premium Member
11,400 Posts

If you arent sure, let me remind you, the TOS you agreed to by logging in states plainly that your posts grant free license to the site, and that they may be edited or deleted for any reason.

Edit: acting like an adult includes taking an edit or a warning, as a reminder of the TOS, instead of a personal affront.
Adult? Too rich for my blood, I fold

·
Premium Member
13,239 Posts
Lol. Yes I reported you. Outted! Lol. Now I can't discuss YOUR actions because that would be a T.O.S. violation. Lol. Conundrum.
Stop taking yourself so seriously.
So you abuse the report feature after being contradicted, thinking the tail will wag the dog, but, I take myself too seriously. Ok.

1 - 20 of 44 Posts