Uber Drivers Forum banner

1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
279 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well it was only a matter of time I guess. They are testing the waters to cut fares in my market (which does not even come close to the big cities in demand). Did they do it this way in other cities first?

work.jpg

·
Registered
3,891 Posts
Uber: "We're sorry. You did not qualify for the guaranteed hourly rates. Your averages are as follows:
Peak period: 1.8 trips per hour. Requires at least 2 trips/hour
Busy period: 0.9 trips per hour. Requires at least 1 trip/hour
Regular period: 2.3 trips per hour. Qualify!

As you can see, you did not maintain the required trips per hour during Peak and Busy Periods.

But you still managed to work 24hours every day and made lots of money!

Uber on!"

·
Registered
279 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yeah I had to agree to a new fee schedule in the app tonight. I would say this is the first screwjob. They say lower rates lead to higher earnings, but that can't possibly be true as it takes more trips and that means more gas and wear and tear.

·
Registered
866 Posts
Uber's,"Safe Ride Fee", is increasing and the, "fare Rates", are decreasing, ie. fall reductions, in order to increase trips per hour and our earnings. Are you kidding me ! We are already getting, bent over.
Work more, for less. When did that philosophy ever pay off ?

·
Registered
279 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Yeah, as for the strike, I understand the premise but the person behind it is a fraud and not even a driver anymore. Also some of the demands are ridiculous. Stick to raising fares and allowing tipping and you will have a stronger case.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Rates lower in VT does suck. But I'm hoping we can be busier in Burlington. Last night was one of my busiest ever in 1 month with Über. I'm curious if it was lower rates or more passengers due to UVM Alumni weekend. Most of my riders were alumni. One thing we can do is sell the riders our rider codes. I shared 3 codes with non Über riders. More riders meNs less down time. Even with it as busy as it was last night I still only managed 2 rides per hour.

·
Registered
279 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I logged on to the rider app and it confirmed lower rates are here to stay. The days of $2 per mile are gone. Yeah I had a decent amount of rides last night but I definitely didn't do as well compared to past weeks. Additionally we almost never surge more than a minute or so at a time. Yeah 2 rides an hour seems about right.

·
Premium Member
2,378 Posts
And if you're not willing to stand up against Uber during #UberStrike because you're hung up on some dude that has NOTHING to do with our cause, (He's only the one that got the ball rolling) I don't feel sorry for you. Continue to take it in the ass and stop complaining about it. It only gets worse. Maybe time for you to get another a gig or stand up against these pricks. Your choice.

·
Registered
1,634 Posts
Rates lower in VT does suck. But I'm hoping we can be busier in Burlington. Last night was one of my busiest ever in 1 month with Über. I'm curious if it was lower rates or more passengers due to UVM Alumni weekend. Most of my riders were alumni. One thing we can do is sell the riders our rider codes. I shared 3 codes with non Über riders. More riders meNs less down time. Even with it as busy as it was last night I still only managed 2 rides per hour.
Make it while you can cause when the students leave it will die.

·
Registered
1,634 Posts
And if you're not willing to stand up against Uber during #UberStrike because you're hung up on some dude that has NOTHING to do with our cause, (He's only the one that got the ball rolling) I don't feel sorry for you. Continue to take it in the ass and stop complaining about it. It only gets worse. Maybe time for you to get another a gig or stand up against these pricks. Your choice.
I don't know if you are aware - the economy in VT is non existent so it would be difficult to get another gig.

·
Premium Member
2,378 Posts
Yeah my shits taken a dive between yesterday and today and I don't give two shits. My one day says 5.0 and my 7 day says 4.7 something. Yesterday it was 4.85 and my over all is 4.84. Who cares?

Then I get this text from Goober telling me I'm in the top blah, blah, blah of drivers in the Phx. market. lol

I don't think they have a clue and I also think the ratings are manipulated by Goober.

1 - 20 of 43 Posts