Uber Drivers Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Everyone can I please have your attention for a moment.

I am a driver, still currently logging in, and planning to do the Ekka, Footy and clubbing this weekend. However I like you am fed up of shitty treatment and pay. But rather than ***** and moan I want to point out some life changing real facts for you.

we are all effectively illegal drug smugglers working for The Cartel. Let me explain;

Regardless what bollox you think, believe, etc... At the moment, Ubering is not Legal in Australia (it may not be totally illegal, but its definitely not 100% legal) which means, you have no rights, you will get paid stuff all, you are disposable (there is always another idiot willing to shove a condom full of the best Cartel acid money can by right up their rectum if you leave) and so you have yourself the situation of: "you're shit out of luck".

Until Uber is 100% legal (without 50 shades of grey whipping and chaining everyone to their car seats for 30 mins of pain to get 5 mins of pleasure and a $6 fare) and then only after legislation catches up, then you can form a union and then you can demand a pay rise and maybe then and only then you will get it.

In the mean time, all you can do is:
- Shove that condom of coke back up into your rectum, and smile like a good little cartel mule
- Quit the cartel
- Wage war (cartel style) against our drug lords, and no that isn't just "ohhh I am going to turn my shitty little app off and show them" cause there be 1,000 other mules happy to continue on in your place.

Ok so now that we have established that we are operating illegally (if you still do not agree you are ******ed) it's time we took some responsibility and looked at a hypothetical situation to apply a fun analogy to our situation for clarity as to why we won't get better rates and conditions:

>You are a drug trafficker for the Cartel in el Mexico.
>Cartel be like "yeah bro, no worries, just get the drugs over the border to the USA and we got you homes, if you get busted it's ok, we will pay your bail and legal fees".
>SeemsLegit.jpg
>You cross border, don't get caught deliver drugs to next person in the chain, total boss.
>Go home to Mexico, ask Mr Cartel for your $$$ and rate you 5 stars for not getting a colonoscopy from the DEA
>Mr Cartel gives you about Tree Fiddy ($3.50) for your efforts and 4.7 stars because YOLO.
>southpark_reference_if_you_missed_it.jpg
>You are unhappy, ask fellow drug runners to band together and go on the news and try to force the El Mexico Government to give you cartel workers some rights.

What do you think happens next?

This completes my rant, although I would like to close with one final request...

We herein refer to Uber as "The Cartel" as the analogy really really does fit because:
- The first trip is free
- It's an illegal business
- They are strong enough to hold the Government at bay
- They slave ppl and use them for their illegal activities, these people get fined / in trouble / wear all the risk - not them.
- They waste their employees without a second consideration, and new ones are lining up and eating up their BS lines...
- They are untouchable.

Ps. What kind of Cartel Mule pays his taxes??! You're all hilarious if you think an illegal business cares about you paying tax.

·
Registered
19 Posts
So Travis whats his name is Pablo Escobar?

Not sure about other drivers, but I do this about 8 hours a week, mainly one night a week. Isn't the whole point of the app to be an adhoc service you offer, yet, people are doing this full time. And then getting shitty because it does come with all the trimmings of a full time job.

·
Premium Member
3,130 Posts
UberXav I agree Uber don't care whether you pay your taxes or not, it does not affect them one bit. However you are obligated and always have been to declare any income, any Uber income right from your first trip or pay deposit and now in addition to GST 1/11 of total fare from 1st Aug.

·
Registered
1,657 Posts
So Travis whats his name is Pablo Escobar?

Not sure about other drivers, but I do this about 8 hours a week, mainly one night a week. Isn't the whole point of the app to be an adhoc service you offer, yet, people are doing this full time. And then getting shitty because it does come with all the trimmings of a full time job.
The issue is that Uber misrepresented itself initially that it could be a full time job, when all they are really after is peak hour drivers and to hell with the rest.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts