Uber Drivers Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I am completely new to Uber and a stranger to all of you, ergo the name "Ubernew". I have been reading as much as I can possibly can on this forum, particularly the 'New York' forum since it's the city that concerns me the most.

I have to say, some of you should have finished high school before joining Uber, but regardless, it's a good thing that one can be an uneducated dick on the inter-webs while remaining under the radar.

Word of caution though, I am an a bit of an expert on internet network technologies and I can assure you that whoever owns this forum has more than just your IP address in his weblogs.

That is to say, if you thought that by making up a fake name and an email address you will evade detection, I say to you; think again (especially before you post more contentious comments against the company).

I'll get to the point.

Unless Uber stops allowing renters or TLC leasing people (mainly the new generation of drivers, that is) to join the company, I can see that there will be a problem with the demand/supply factor and Uber NYC will collapse on its own weight.

This applies to any internet based transportation system and not just Uber here in NYC, of course. In figure of speech; there is only one pizza pie for NYC and no matter how much you slice it, at some point it just won't be enough for everybody and you all will starve to death.

No matter what happens, in the end, yellow, green cabs and livery cars will still remain and the order of things will be restored. Back to the status quo before Uber.

Here is also what I see. It's not fair that a car owner who has changed his primary vehicle plates to TLC, or someone who has invested thousands of dollars in a new vehicle, and in addition, all the excessive insurance related costs for just to be able to join Uber, now has to compete against a $250/week renter for the same wages.

In conclusion, Uber and the others have got to stop this nonsense, and stop real soon, before City Hall finds a new loop hole to stop all TNC's in their tracks.

If they don't, the city is going to be flooded with drivers who can't make enough to survive, leaving only the less experienced and the desperate for work to uber on the streets of New York.

Sooner or later there will be accidents where people died as a result of Uber and the actions of its new drivers. You can guess what the headlines on the TV news are going to be. Make no mistake, City Hall will take action.

All that being said, one thing I do agree on with the 'Uber lynch mob' on this board is: that Uber ship has long sailed...

Meantime, good luck to all of you who are about to join in...

·
Registered
75 Posts
I am completely new to Uber and a stranger to all of you, ergo the name "Ubernew". I have been reading as much as I can possibly can on this forum, particularly the 'New York' forum since it's the city that concerns me the most.

I have to say, some of you should have finished high school before joining Uber, but regardless, it's a good thing that one can be an uneducated dick on the inter-webs while remaining under the radar.

Word of caution though, I am an a bit of an expert on internet network technologies and I can assure you that whoever owns this forum has more than just your IP address in his weblogs.

That is to say, if you thought that by making up a fake name and an email address you will evade detection, I say to you; think again (especially before you post more contentious comments against the company).

I'll get to the point.

Unless Uber stops allowing renters or TLC leasing people (mainly the new generation of drivers, that is) to join the company, I can see that there will be a problem with the demand/supply factor and Uber NYC will collapse on its own weight.

This applies to any internet based transportation system and not just Uber here in NYC, of course. In figure of speech; there is only one pizza pie for NYC and no matter how much you slice it, at some point it just won't be enough for everybody and you all will starve to death.

No matter what happens, in the end, yellow, green cabs and livery cars will still remain and the order of things will be restored. Back to the status quo before Uber.

Here is also what I see. It's not fair that a car owner who has changed his primary vehicle plates to TLC, or someone who has invested thousands of dollars in a new vehicle, and in addition, all the excessive insurance related costs for just to be able to join Uber, now has to compete against a $250/week renter for the same wages.

In conclusion, Uber and the others have got to stop this nonsense, and stop real soon, before City Hall finds a new loop hole to stop all TNC's in their tracks.

If they don't, the city is going to be flooded with drivers who can't make enough to survive, leaving only the less experienced and the desperate for work to uber on the streets of New York.

Sooner or later there will be accidents where people died as a result of Uber and the actions of its new drivers. You can guess what the headlines on the TV news are going to be. Make no mistake, City Hall will take action.

All that being said, one thing I do agree on with the 'Uber lynch mob' on this board is: that Uber ship has long sailed...

Meantime, good luck to all of you who are about to join in...
Thanks for summarizing thousands actually millions of previous posts. Lol

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for summarizing thousands actually millions of previous posts. Lol
You are welcome! What's more hilarious is the other half posted by the Uber shills... Careful on this site though, if it decides to sell the info to Uber, your IP address will do you in. Just saying...

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
Majority of users have dynamic IP address,not static.
There is no problem to change your dynamic IP as many times as you want following few easy steps after searching for this topic.
With my internet provider I can simply power off router for a few hours,usually overnight and in the morning after fire it up I'm assigned new IP. That's all it takes.

On the other hand I wouldn't give a rat's behind if Uber knows what I'm posting or not.
They are scumbags either way.
Even if you are paranoid it doesn't mean they are not out to get you, right?
Just funny to read your statement.
You make a lot of assumptions, one being that you can't be detected through your ISP or distinctive set of "dynamic" ip addresses. I got news for you, you are sadly mistaking. An IP address is a distinctive number (or set of numbers) assigned to your device by your ISP. Besides, your device leaves other type of information (e.g. the OS of your device, browser type, pages you are reading, etc),

It's in essence your personal digital fingerprint.

Being a fixed IP address (or not) is the easiest way to detect one if you use your home computer. Thus, never use your home computer to reply hate on this forum and then login to your Uber dashboard with it. Since you don't give a rat's behind about all this, the advice should remain for those who do.

I am not suggesting that this is going to happen (I don't know who owns the information this forum has gathered on everyone) but the potential to be identified is there.

Go ahead laugh/smile again if you think I continue to be funny...FWIW.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
Nice try to sound knowledgeable.
And thanks for advice from your first post to finish high school.
You on the other hand probably hold master degree in something or even PhdD.
First I didn't make any assumptions or say that I can't be detected through my ISP.
We were talking about IP address ,not ISP so please don't try to overwhelm me or anybody reading this with use of wrong abbreviation.

From what I just read in your post all I can say you don't know Jack about anything of it.
You hear something somewhere and think you can sell this BS to some" ******s Uber drivers" who post here.
Guess what.
They are not.

Ever hear of Thor browser.

You can detect shit if I will use it from my home PC or not.

Just go away.

Everybody already know you are the smartest here.

Now have a fun with that.
What's your problem???

Are you that ignorant or just like playing one on the web? A proxy IP address ( "thor" browser as you called it) is only gonna let you hide on certain sites but even that has its risks. I doubt you could use it on your dashboard but even if you do, the fact that you used it on both (this and the Uber site) would give you away.

You are a complete idiot if you think guys like me can't ever catch the drug dealers or the pedophiles online who think they can evade online detection... As I said I have no clue as to who owns this site, until I do, I wouldn't post any hateful messages if I were you.

Not being a paranoid but careful.

Now get out of my thread, this isn't about internet privacy anyway...

EDIT: It's TOR (The Onion Router) not "Thor", btw..

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Being attacked by a clown who doesn't even know the meaning of 'TOR' on a Uber forum, really was hilarious quite frankly...

·
Registered
1,118 Posts
Sooner or later there will be accidents where people died as a result of Uber and the actions of its new drivers.
There already have been - I think even today there was a new posting of person killed by an Uber driver. Obviously by the tone and direction of your post - there has never been anything like that happen with a taxi.

I don't actually disagree with the general direction of your post - but you seem to be yelling at the wrong group of people for that.

You should try and contact Uber Corporate with these concerns - most of the postings on this board is for advice to drivers and to vent.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
There already have been - I think even today there was a new posting of person killed by an Uber driver. Obviously by the tone and direction of your post - there has never been anything like that happen with a taxi.

I don't actually disagree with the general direction of your post - but you seem to be yelling at the wrong group of people for that.

You should try and contact Uber Corporate with these concerns - most of the postings on this board is for advice to drivers and to vent.
The direction I was driving at, was that there isn't really anything out of the ordinary when fatalities happen after an accident with yellow cab drivers (it's after all the norm, not the exception), but when the fatalities begin to be copious and caused by Uber (and the rest of the TNC drivers).

Thanks for your reply!

·
Registered
1,118 Posts
but when the fatalities begin to be copious and caused by Uber
How would they be copious? - these drivers maybe new to Uber, but are not new drivers!

I may have been born at night - but it was not last night. I have been driving for 20 years, when I fell asleep at the wheel.... etc... etc....

fatalities happen after an accident with cab drivers (it's after all the norm, not the exception),
- Sounds like the 'Gun law' argument (or lack of) - but don't even get me started on that.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
How would they be copious? - these drivers maybe new to Uber, but are not new drivers!

I may have been born at night - but it was not last night. I have been driving for 20 years, when I fell asleep at the wheel.... etc... etc....

- Sounds like the 'Gun law' argument (or lack of) - but don't even get me started on that.
I thought you were talking about my direction. I apologize if i sound too preachy and not intending to preach to the choir, I assure you, but what i said was referring to a hypothesis, not the reality of things on the ground right now. The hypothesis was that if things continue the way they do, that there may not be any good/experienced drivers such as yourself left, at which point these accidents would be caused by the then large majority of inexperienced drivers on Uber...

·
Registered
1,118 Posts
Sorry if you took it the wrong way, but on here I will look at any argument/post and maybe agree/disagree or ignore it.

Most of your post made salient points, but was negated (imho) by the copious fatalities statement. But to keep within that point - I agree that the standard of Uber drivers is falling fast (from my experience as a rider) and they are scraping the bottom of the barrel to recruit new drivers.

When I first started driving for Uber, I felt that I was driving for the equivalent of the 'Virgin Airways' for cab driving, since then with all their misdirection (lies) and devaluation it has now become the 'EasyJet' (or worse) for the industry.

FWIW - My earnings for the last 4 weeks is about $43 ($20 from referral bonuses) and just plan on driving my 1 trip each month to keep my account active (as driving in ATL for .78 per mile - is not really within my business model) to see if things improve for drivers.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts