Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After the last post re: a pax & drugs, I wanted to share my story. Heriberto from San Jacinto City was my very 1st trip and I believe he was a drug runner

My very 1st trip was to the Dennys along East Frwy. I pulled up and he and a buddy hopped in. H was cool, asked if we could stop at the gas station. I agreed, he got out, so did his buddy.

H pulls out his phone and nods and motions his hand right arm, animated. He hopped in and we went to the Holiday Inn Express. H asked if I could wait for him 15 minutes, saying it was hard to get an Uber in this area. I agreed, not knowing any better.

I called my fiance and told her I had my 1st Uber, she was asking questions, I was pretty stoked about actually doing it. The guys were cool, I told her, as I told them it was my 1st trip and we joked how it may end up like The Hnagover... my fiance said that was funny.

H promptly showed at 15 minutes, asks me if we could make a couple more stop. I said yea. We stopped at a home and this is when I thought oh shit... the guy comes out the door, H gives him some daps, they converse, exchange, and he walked towards the car. Remember, he had a buddy with him and during this time he asks if I smoke weed. I say no, tell him a fake story of smoking when I was younger, and we have a laugh.

H hops in and then binds the 10 & 20 in his hand to the fat band he has in his pocket; that pretty much confirmed my suspicion. We made one more stop, at another home, same thing, over out, more money. H asks to go back to the hotel. During this time, he gets on the phone and has an argument with somebody and tells the person

(I'm down with all this, I grew up in the barrio and know this in and out, so I wasn't out of my element but also knew I didn't want to be a part of this BS)

At the hotel, he asks if I could wait another 15 minutes. I said sure. However, his buddy stays. I then tell the buddy I got another ping. I showed him (it was a screenshot I downloaded from Google) and explained to him I can pick him up, then once I complete the trip to text me. The buddy was cool and then handed me a 10 and said "orale holmes"

I left and never heard from them again. I did get 5 rating and, even with my initial encounter, did 3 more trips that evening.

Attachments

·
Registered
4,686 Posts
The screenshot idea is clever. He sounded very respectful. he did not do the transactions in your vehicle.

Did you end up telling your fiance about the drug runner?

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The screenshot idea is clever. He sounded very respectful. he did not do the transactions in your vehicle.

Did you end up telling your fiance about the drug runner?
Yea, it was a good laugh but she was a bit nervous. I know how to handle situations so it's not like I was nervous, it just never occurred to me that Uber could be used in that way.

Even though he was pretty ghetto, he was on point with his time (15 minutes, he there at 14:50) and did do the transactions outside the car. So come to think about it, if the ping came up, I would pick him up. Much better attitude some other pax. Well, besides the illegality of the whole thing... lol

·
Registered
4,686 Posts
That is the only problem I had with mine, it was done in the car. Not cool at all. If he said 15 min and came out 15 min later. That's perfect. Keep driving all day. Don't ask any questions. Should the cops pull you over, or come knocking on your door, you will be naturally surprised.

Can we report drugs to crime stoppers or is there some kind of tip line for a monetary reward? That could be a nice little bonus.

·
Registered
15,929 Posts
That is the only problem I had with mine, it was done in the car. Not cool at all. If he said 15 min and came out 15 min later. That's perfect. Keep driving all day. Don't ask any questions. Should the cops pull you over, or come knocking on your door, you will be naturally surprised.

Can we report drugs to crime stoppers or is there some kind of tip line for a monetary reward? That could be a nice little bonus.
Yes because I want a drug dealer to know my car and my license plate and my name and suspect that I turned him in.

·
Registered
4,686 Posts
So I submitted a tip through Crime Stoppers online, and they replied back just now:

"Crime Stoppers does not get involved with narcotics. There is a narcotic tip line for HPD... The phone number is.." (This is where I stopped reading, I don't have time to make phone calls.)

I suppose, drugs are not a crime.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts