Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I started driving for uber yesterday. I don't get it, how come uber keep giving me basic fare rides within the surge zones. should I waited it out for a surge ride and let the timer runs out, will I have a problem with the acceptance percent? Also I'm afraid the surge or boost zone might fade away? Any tips is appreciated, thanks

·
Registered
617 Posts
Surging is over rated.. Just stay online while you're out driving to see where the day takes you and be sure to accept all requests including any pool rides even when it's not surging.. USC is a honey hole so maybe a good place to get your feet wet.. ask Uberanne to send you a more detailed breakdown of rules for beginners..

·
Banned
2,280 Posts
I started driving for uber yesterday. I don't get it, how come uber keep giving me basic fare rides within the surge zones. should I waited it out for a surge ride and let the timer runs out, will I have a problem with the acceptance percent? Also I'm afraid the surge or boost zone might fade away? Any tips is appreciated, thanks
Turn off app and drive away from downtown. Go to long beach, not Santa Monica. Just take rides stay away from pool rides.

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·

·
Banned
20,770 Posts
Turn off app and drive away from downtown. Go to long beach, not Santa Monica. Just take rides stay away from pool rides.
Don't send the kids to Long Beach.

They'll end up in Paramount and Compton.

That's for the advanced class. Average new guys start hyperventilating and putting their foot in their mouths talking to the denizens....

And weirding out and offending your ghetto pax while having a panic attack while operating a vehicle in unfamiliar streets ENTIRELY made of pothole and speedbump, that just doesn't seem like a recipe for things going well

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
u have any idea how many ants r so jealous rite now that u get ping after ping? surge is fake, not real. dont let the ants steal ur base and pool. dont let a single ping slip, u can easily earn thousands
Thousands within a week?

Don't send the kids to Long Beach.

They'll end up in Paramount and Compton.

That's for the advanced class. Average new guys start hyperventilating and putting their foot in their mouths talking to the denizens....

And weirding out and offending your ghetto pax while having a panic attack while operating a vehicle in unfamiliar streets ENTIRELY made of pothole and speedbump, that just doesn't seem like a recipe for things going well
Where should I go then?

·
Banned
20,770 Posts
Thousands within a week?

Where should I go then?
He was being sarcastic, but really, if you're willing to take em, there's an infinite amount of base-rate, no-surge no-promotions pings out there

For your first experiences you should go somewhere you feel comfortable already, where the average customer is someone liable to like/identify with your "persona" (note: switching cars, radio stations, shirts, and even just hats and hair styles drastically changes your persona and experience)

Uphill battles can be fought later

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
He was being sarcastic, but really, if you're willing to take em, there's an infinite amount of base-rate, no-surge no-promotions pings out there

For your first experiences you should go somewhere you feel comfortable already, where the average customer is someone liable to like/identify with your "persona" (note: switching cars, radio stations, shirts, and even just hats and hair styles drastically changes your persona and experience)

Uphill battles can be fought later
Thanks for the tip. I'll definitely take your advice. Instead of base rate,
Should I chase after a surge and wait for a ping that has a surge?

·
Registered
617 Posts
Take everything with a grain of salt otherwise you will more than likely end up missing out on a lot of earnings if you chase those fake surges..

better to earn more now then cherry pick with the idea that you'll catch a golden goose egg.. best time to drive is 11am - 3pm IMO

·
Registered
1,960 Posts
Acceptance rate means nothing, if you don't like what you see in a trip request you can ignore it, only cancel rate will bump you off as a driver

Don't let time outs scare you, you get a 2 minute time out if you ignore multiple trip request, it's only a scare tactic since Uber can't fire you over it, I average 2 or more timeouts everyday

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Take everything with a grain of salt otherwise you will more than likely end up missing out on a lot of earnings if you chase those fake surges..

better to earn more now then cherry pick with the idea that you'll catch a golden goose egg.. best time to drive is 11am - 3pm IMO
I work full time at my job. 8am-5pm. Is there any best time to work after or before these hours?

1 - 20 of 35 Posts