Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was hoping some of you could help me out . I normally Drive in Los Angeles but I come up here occasionally to visit my nephew and drive while I'm up here since the fares are so much better than Los Angeles ( 85 cents/mile). I really love your city. My question is I was considering going to work tonight when the Warriors game lets out. When I work Dodgers games or other events in Los Angeles I just post up on the main road way from the stadium . Is there any area that you all might recommend that's not foolish enough to get stuck in the Uber lot yet still close enough for your Pax to walk to?
Thank you so much for any help you might be able to offer. By the way I missed out on my weekly promotions because I switched markets but I just got a notification about the guaranteed 1.8 at the stadium. Does that even come into play after Warriors games?

·
Registered
3,535 Posts
If you don't receive their crazy 200$ plus ticket in the mail then you can expect a nasty surprise when you go renew your registration at the dmv.

The Bart station is the kind place they will wait to give people tickets during a game nite like tonight.

Tickets are mailed,they don't usually care to give it to you personally.

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Really? That's messed up. The only good thing is those cowards would have to approach me because my car is brand new and doesn't have plates on it yet, lol. So is there a spot on the San Francisco side that gets busy after the game? Or is it better off on the Oakland side? Near the arena not sure if there is a good Street to post up on

·
Registered
1,525 Posts
I understand you are trying to maximize you earning tonight, and I have never picked up after a Warriors game, but other drivers are you competition. Even in a friendly forum like this most are not going to give away their spots or techniques that make them money. You will only get very general advice.

·
Banned
6,865 Posts
"Santino, come here. What's the matter with you? I think your brain is going soft with all that comedy you are playing with that young girl. Never tell anyone outside the Family what you are thinking again. Go on."
~ Marlon Brando as The Godfather in The Godfather

·
Registered
3,535 Posts
Really? That's messed up. The only good thing is those cowards would have to approach me because my car is brand new and doesn't have plates on it yet, lol. So is there a spot on the San Francisco side that gets busy after the game? Or is it better off on the Oakland side? Near the arena not sure if there is a good Street to post up on
I never drive in that mess that is the east bay ! With San Francisco all you have to do is follow the surge map :) it's super simple except that winter is upon us

·
Premium Member
2,401 Posts
i never pickup at games or concerts unless i end up there (dont care about whatever surge or boost or what have you they are pouting)...

ive found there isnt really that much strategy involved, uber is more about luck (and maybe a little common sense) and everything eventually balances itself out.

whats more important to me is minimizing the amount of stress i receive from doing uber, because that is what will prolong my stamina and ensure that i do not burn out, leading to more money in the long run.

also, i believe stress is linked with becoming sick, and a variety of other health issues.

·
Premium Member
2,401 Posts
So my answer to OP is basically, relax, and see where your uber luck takes you. You win some, you lose some. If you lose, maybe next time you will get lucky.

·
Registered
3,535 Posts
i never pickup at games or concerts unless i end up there (dont care about whatever surge or boost or what have you they are pouting)...

ive found there isnt really that much strategy involved, uber is more about luck (and maybe a little common sense) and everything eventually balances itself out.

whats more important to me is minimizing the amount of stress i receive from doing uber, because that is what will prolong my stamina and ensure that i do not burn out, leading to more money in the long run.

also, i believe stress is linked with becoming sick, and a variety of other health issues.
Haha seems we operate the same way ,I skip the events as well and basically try to keep everything as stress free as possible

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Thank you so much everyone. I appreciate the Godfather message, LOL I understand we are our own a competition at times but at the same time we also must stand together with certain things. We have a community in Los Angeles where we do share tips and tricks with each other. Granted there are certain ones that I keep close to the vest as far as exact timing and strategy based on the particular situation. But general information for instance if you guys ever go to Dodgers Stadium to work an event there I suggest posting up on Sunset and don't get too close to the stadium or you'll get trapped. If you ever work an LA Rams game post up on Hoover or Vermont far enough from the stadium to not get trapped but close enough to still be within the surge. Simple information that will help you but still not giving up everything. That's all I was looking for. I ended up not working out that way anyway but thank you all again. As far as the Uber ups and downs and going where the Uber Gods take you, I agree many times you must just go with it because if you fight it you will end up with a frustrating night. That being said you cannot eliminate those frustrating nights all the time if you have the ambition and drive that it takes to continue being an Uber driver. I hope that makes sense but again thank you all. By the way can anyone suggest a good sports bar with good TV screens good food good not too expensive drinks and a good crowd -not just men, LOL to watch the Indians game tonight?

1 - 15 of 15 Posts