Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

I’m new to this, and glad to be here.

I live in Alameda, try to drive 1-4 times on weekday mornings, hoping to stay in Alameda/Oakland/Berkeley area. I’m having a very difficult time finding rides- I hang out at BART stations (among other places: Temescal, downtown Oakland) - Rockridge and MacArthur - but activity for me is minimal. What’s especially frustrating is the 7-9 A.M. big surge, which is pretty much crickets.

Any recommendations? Do I need to go to SF?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
It has been very slow on east bay last two week, It will continue this way until after new year. If you are new , I don't recommend the city unles you took a pax there, good luck n be careful.
Thanks. I've actually been doing this for a year, but I'm new to working weekday mornings. I've decided be a lot of driving in SF and beyond, including sfo. Any suggestions on good a.m. spots in the East Bay, where it might be a little bit busier?

·
Registered
110 Posts
I been doing this four years, there is no perfect place. Popular areas are mostly saturated. In the morning, alameda and Adams point are not bad but still it’s all about luck,

·
Registered
22 Posts
Everytime I go to Oakland airport there are no drivers and queue is like 3-8 cars. Stay there and see where it takes you. I've gotten a few long trips out of there that were worth it.

·
Registered
1,990 Posts
At those rates I would suggest never driving in the East Bay. I only drive in East Bay with DF on to get back to city and collect double toll. Rates in the a Easy Bay are an embarrassment

1 - 10 of 10 Posts