Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I received a message from Uber that my account had been flagged for violating a policy regarding airport pick-ups. I was shocked, because I read both the policies of Uber and my local airport and made sure to follow the rules. I have a very high driver rating (4.94) and nearly always get a tip.

I responded and asked them to simply tell me which policy I broke so that I don’t break it again (simple. Polite.). I got an automated message saying my request was being escalated to a review team and they’d determine if I did or didn’t break the policy within 5 business days and then message me back. Note: still no response re: what policy I supposedly broke.

I ask again, which policy, so I don’t break it again. No answer. Then, 5 days later, I get a message that after their review they say I did indeed break the policy (but, still don’t tell me what policy I broke). I message back, ask AGAIN, which policy? I get another automated message that I should read (again) the airport policy for my area. I read it again - still don’t see what policy I broke. So, I contact support by phone, as suggested I should in every auto-email I’ve received.

Big mistake. Huge! Spend 35 minutes on the phone (2/3 of that on hold) with someone who doesn’t speak English well and keeps repeating his script all to be told he doesn’t know which policy. Ask to speak to his supervisor. She repeats THE SAME EXACT SCRIPT. I ask her if she just doesn’t have the information I’m asking for and she tells me “no one has it. It doesn’t exist.” So, now I’m livid. How am I being judged and deemed guilty of something that apparently no one can review because it “doesn’t exist”?!

She then has the audacity to tell me I should send another email via the thread I’ve already messaged 5 times with the same message. So I do. And I get a nasty email back saying the issue was already reviewed and I’m not entitled to appeal it so I need to stop asking. I never asked for an appeal! I’m just trying to be a good driver by asking what I did wrong so I don’t repeat it. I explain this - AGAIN- and a few minutes later get the EXACT SAME EMAIL (same wording, spacing, nasty tone) from a different name.

So, I write back, AGAIN, explaining, AGAIN, the very simple thing I’m asking for. And, explaining that if an actual person with that information doesn’t respond to me with it I’ll contact the local Better Business Bureau, labor commission, the local news (of which two of our close friends are news directors) and others who may illicit an answer from Uber - because I’m at a total loss and just losses off now.

So, my question: has anyone dealt with this insanity before and how did you finally get an answer? If ever.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Be nice and apologize to Rohit! He may be nice enough and tell you what you did.
I'm assuming Rohit is a reference to every support person who doesn't speak English well. I was nice to him. And his supervisor. And it was pointless. Like I already explained.

Which airport did you visit? Somewhere in Republic of Kalifornica by chance or somewhere else?
Boise.

·
Registered
100 Posts
No recourse here. As a contractor for Uber you are expendable, a dime a dozen, you are not worth their time. Time explaining these things would cost them money and you are not worth it (to them). I realize you are human and of infinite worth (seriously) but are only a resource of the human variety according to uber.

·
Registered
362 Posts
Check in with local greenlight hub to find out about any special rules for that airport. There may be certain trade dress requirements, bribes that might have to be paid, so on and so forth.

·
Premium Member
7,335 Posts
I received a message from Uber that my account had been flagged for violating a policy regarding airport pick-ups. I was shocked, because I read both the policies of Uber and my local airport and made sure to follow the rules. I have a very high driver rating (4.94) and nearly always get a tip.

I responded and asked them to simply tell me which policy I broke so that I don't break it again (simple. Polite.). I got an automated message saying my request was being escalated to a review team and they'd determine if I did or didn't break the policy within 5 business days and then message me back. Note: still no response re: what policy I supposedly broke.

I ask again, which policy, so I don't break it again. No answer. Then, 5 days later, I get a message that after their review they say I did indeed break the policy (but, still don't tell me what policy I broke). I message back, ask AGAIN, which policy? I get another automated message that I should read (again) the airport policy for my area. I read it again - still don't see what policy I broke. So, I contact support by phone, as suggested I should in every auto-email I've received.

Big mistake. Huge! Spend 35 minutes on the phone (2/3 of that on hold) with someone who doesn't speak English well and keeps repeating his script all to be told he doesn't know which policy. Ask to speak to his supervisor. She repeats THE SAME EXACT SCRIPT. I ask her if she just doesn't have the information I'm asking for and she tells me "no one has it. It doesn't exist." So, now I'm livid. How am I being judged and deemed guilty of something that apparently no one can review because it "doesn't exist"?!

She then has the audacity to tell me I should send another email via the thread I've already messaged 5 times with the same message. So I do. And I get a nasty email back saying the issue was already reviewed and I'm not entitled to appeal it so I need to stop asking. I never asked for an appeal! I'm just trying to be a good driver by asking what I did wrong so I don't repeat it. I explain this - AGAIN- and a few minutes later get the EXACT SAME EMAIL (same wording, spacing, nasty tone) from a different name.

So, I write back, AGAIN, explaining, AGAIN, the very simple thing I'm asking for. And, explaining that if an actual person with that information doesn't respond to me with it I'll contact the local Better Business Bureau, labor commission, the local news (of which two of our close friends are news directors) and others who may illicit an answer from Uber - because I'm at a total loss and just losses off now.

So, my question: has anyone dealt with this insanity before and how did you finally get an answer? If ever.
Did you cancel any rides or deny service to anyone?

Go to the nearest Greenlight office. Maybe they can help you.

·
Premium Member
2,436 Posts

I responded and asked them to simply tell me which policy I broke so that I don't break it again (simple. Polite.). I got an automated message saying my request was being escalated to a review team and they'd determine if I did or didn't break the policy within 5 business days and then message me back. Note: still no response re: what policy I supposedly broke.

I ask again, which policy, so I don't break it again. No answer. Then, 5 days later, I get a message that after their review they say I did indeed break the policy (but, still don't tell me what policy I broke). I message back, ask AGAIN, which policy? I get another automated message that I should read (again) the airport policy for my area. I read it again - still don't see what policy I broke. So, I contact support by phone, as suggested I should in every auto-email I've received.

Big mistake. Huge! Spend 35 minutes on the phone (2/3 of that on hold) with someone who doesn't speak English well and keeps repeating his script all to be told he doesn't know which policy. Ask to speak to his supervisor. She repeats THE SAME EXACT SCRIPT. I ask her if she just doesn't have the information I'm asking for and she tells me "no one has it. It doesn't exist." So, now I'm livid. How am I being judged and deemed guilty of something that apparently no one can review because it "doesn't exist"?!

She then has the audacity to tell me I should send another email via the thread I've already messaged 5 times with the same message. So I do. And I get a nasty email back saying the issue was already reviewed and I'm not entitled to appeal it so I need to stop asking. I never asked for an appeal! I'm just trying to be a good driver by asking what I did wrong so I don't repeat it. I explain this - AGAIN- and a few minutes later get the EXACT SAME EMAIL (same wording, spacing, nasty tone) from a different name.

So, I write back, AGAIN, explaining, AGAIN, the very simple thing I'm asking for. And, explaining that if an actual person with that information doesn't respond to me with it I'll contact the local Better Business Bureau, labor commission, the local news (of which two of our close friends are news directors) and others who may illicit an answer from Uber - because I'm at a total loss and just losses off now.

Sounds like you have been "spammed". Check the senders' email address, you will find if you look close that it did NOT come from Uber.

·
Premium Member
11,881 Posts

The goal behind Uber's emails in which they accuse drivers of doing something but won't say what; or to whom is very simple - to keep drivers on their toes and keep them worried. Its purpose is to have the drivers asking themselves over and over again and panicking - "what could it be?". As you can see from your post, on some people, this works exceptionally well.

All you need to do now, and for any future emails of this type, is simply delete them as they come in and then go back to your day.

·
Registered
2,926 Posts
If you have not been deactivated -- drop the issue. It is not worth pursuing. YOU WILL NOT WIN NOR EVER GET AN ANSWER.
Stay away from that airport for 2-3 weeks. Not being in Boise, not sure what the rules are. Did you pick up at a red curb. Since no ticket was issued to you by airport authority, maybe something that the App would have shown them. ???? Who knows. Since no one will tell you in support, it probably is a computer glitch that was sent out. Both these companies do this. It is their way of dominating the ants.
If deactivated, apply with Lyft.

·
Premium Member
1,435 Posts
All airport rules are pretty much the same, per uber tos. So if your every ride out of the airport was good then it might be that one of those pax made a false claim against you. Drunk, smell weed, distracted driving, on the phone, etc.

Nothing new. But, if you cancelled too many times, then you are in breach of tos. Each aiport has their own cancel rate threshold. Usually you don't want anything over 20%. GL.

·
Banned
3,959 Posts

Have not had the same exact issue; however, very similar. Two incidents, both customers calling in bogus complaints.

Same drill. Would not disclose who it was or what I did. Extremely frustrating and unheard of in the business world.

So now I've, totally, stopped worrying about complaints or ratings of any kind. Not worth it. In fact, the more complaints I receive, the less I'll put up with.

·
Registered
468 Posts
Maybe Uber thought your account was involved in GPS spoofing? A common pet peeve of theirs with airport pickups.

As mentioned, you are more likely to get real answers from a real person at your local Greenlight Hub.

1 - 20 of 38 Posts