Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

· Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So last week some drunk A-hole threw a brick through my front windshield. (He went to jail) It still ended up costing me $200. This week I wake up to ALL 4 OF MY TIRES SLASHED! I recently moved from the West coast too the Pittsburgh area. So with that and Christmas $$ is tight! I'm having a hell of a hard time finding 4 USED tires. They are 235 55 R19....seems as though everyone around here drives some sort of truck or SUV. I am driving my 2014 Chrysler 300 S AWD. My question is....since I, obviously need all 4 tires replaced, do they have to be the 235 55 R19? Or could they be replaced with a different sizes 19 inch tire since I am having such a hard time finding them? Any help , guidance , advice or suggestions would be very much appreciated! As, I am, as my username suggests..CLUELESS. Thanks In advance.

· Premium Member
377 Posts
If all four tires are not the same size your ABS and traction control will likely be disabled and the warning will be lit. They dont have to be the exact size of the originals but you need a matched set to avoid this.

If you must mismatch try to at least have two of the same size on each axle.

· Banned
11,812 Posts
So last week some drunk A-hole threw a brick through my front windshield. (He went to jail) It still ended up costing me $200. This week I wake up to ALL 4 OF MY TIRES SLASHED! I recently moved from the West coast too the Pittsburgh area. So with that and Christmas $$ is tight! I'm having a hell of a hard time finding 4 USED tires. They are 235 55 R19....seems as though everyone around here drives some sort of truck or SUV. I am driving my 2014 Chrysler 300 S AWD. My question is....since I, obviously need all 4 tires replaced, do they have to be the 235 55 R19? Or could they be replaced with a different sizes 19 inch tire since I am having such a hard time finding them? Any help , guidance , advice or suggestions would be very much appreciated! As, I am, as my username suggests..CLUELESS. Thanks In advance.
Do you have comp insurance? If so, what's your deductible?

· Premium Member
17,774 Posts
I just have ONE question.
Why, on God's green earth, would you move from the west coast to Pitts freaking burg?

· Registered
15,008 Posts
OK, so who the hell did this, and why? This does not sound like a complete story and I would doubt that the person who threw the brick had nothing to do with cutting the tires. If you don't solve that problem this is going to happen again and replacing the tires is futile.
Only one person does this...
The wife of the guy she's messing with.

At least that's what my wife did to that $#&@:cool:

· Premium Member
17,774 Posts
The brick thing happend I'm Albuququerque. The tires in Pittsburgh. It was under related
Under-related (def) noun. Common familial term in Appalachian Mountains. For example: a 'relative' known as 'uncle-daddy' would be under-related. The opposite would be if brother and sister where to marry, they would be 'over-related' or 'uber-related'.

· Registered
478 Posts
< . . . > I am driving my 2014 Chrysler 300 S AWD. My question is....since I, obviously need all 4 tires replaced, do they have to be the 235 55 R19? Or could they be replaced with a different sizes 19 inch tire since I am having such a hard time finding them? < . . . >
Here is a tire size/conversion calculator: https://www.discounttiredirect.com/learn/tire-size-calculator

Keep as close as possible to the original outside diameter/height/circumference. Also, be careful not to have them too wide, as they could rub against the wheel wells.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.