Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
8,113 Posts
It's called CLEVELAND. ;)

You may have to hang out in different areas at different times to see what works.
Have you tried the Akron/Canton airport area?
Kent State at 10PM or later?
What about Medina/Fairlawn for the 7-10PM drinks and dinner folks?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It's called CLEVELAND. ;)

You may have to hang out in different areas at different times to see what works.
Have you tried the Akron/Canton airport area?
Kent State at 10PM or later?
What about Medina/Fairlawn for the 7-10PM drinks and dinner folks?
I guess I'm just not clear how far away you can be and still get a fare. I live in Akron and got one for Akron Canton airport last week.

·
Premium Member
2,261 Posts
go search the thread started by the guy in Colorado Springs. Same deal. Small market + lots of drivers = slow, slow, slow.

Go to Cleveland or hang out at Kent State. Bring a book or some paperwork. Start looking for a different part time job.

·
Premium Member
8,113 Posts
I guess I'm just not clear how far away you can be and still get a fare. I live in Akron and got one for Akron Canton airport last week.
Yeah, Uber doesn't make it easy to understand where you drive if you registered for AKRON...
If you can, make some time to drop by Uber's office hours in Cleveland. It will be far more beneficial to you to be able to talk face-to-face with someone then get copy/paste emails from the CSRs.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I've only been with Uber for two days and I have been checking the arrivals on the Akron Canton Airport and making sure I am there when the planes land. There are never any taxis waiting and I have had a $100 trip each day to Cleveland from the airport. I keep seeing that all the drivers from this area are going to Cleveland and I understand why. I actually had to turn the app off on Friday night just to get back out of the city because the pings came so easy and quick. The problem is if all the drivers keep going to the bigger, established market, Uber will never take off in Akron Canton, because pax will never get rides when they want them and will give up on the app.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts