Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,040 Posts
Follow the steps outlined here -> http://forums.redflagdeals.com/ask-...cket-speeding-parking-etc-945928/3/#p14774582

Months later, when you finally receive your court date in the mail, call the court office to find out the Contact information for the prosecutor handling your case and then submit (fax) your request for disclosure using the form located here -> http://ticketcombat.com/parking/parkingdisclosure.doc

Font Screenshot Rectangle Parallel Number

AT Trial:
- If it took more than 75 days between the date you received the ticket until the date the court issued you your Notice for trial, then you would motion for your trial to be stopped due to a violation of the Provincial Offences Act I indicated above
- If you do not receive Disclosure from the prosecutor's office in the mail prior to your trial date, then you would motion for your trial to be stopped due to a violation of your rights of Section 7 of the Canadian Charter of Rights and Freedoms
- If all else fails, ask the Judge at the end of your trial to reduce the fine because you are poor and have too many bills.

The above is likely too much work to go through on a simple Parking ticket (and I would agree with you), but it does give you some good court experience for when you need to attend on a more serious offence. At the very least, going through the above, will delay/reduce your parking ticket payment for at least 6 months.

Good luck

djino

Can I appeal got $100 ticket early in the morning turning bad day. If it was less than 100 I would have let it go but 100 is big money for me

·
Registered
334 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Did you park in front of hydrant ?
That's what parking guy say

Thanks man appreciate
Follow the steps outlined here -> http://forums.redflagdeals.com/ask-...cket-speeding-parking-etc-945928/3/#p14774582

Months later, when you finally receive your court date in the mail, call the court office to find out the Contact information for the prosecutor handling your case and then submit (fax) your request for disclosure using the form located here -> http://ticketcombat.com/parking/parkingdisclosure.doc

View attachment 156236

AT Trial:
- If it took more than 75 days between the date you received the ticket until the date the court issued you your Notice for trial, then you would motion for your trial to be stopped due to a violation of the Provincial Offences Act I indicated above
- If you do not receive Disclosure from the prosecutor's office in the mail prior to your trial date, then you would motion for your trial to be stopped due to a violation of your rights of Section 7 of the Canadian Charter of Rights and Freedoms
- If all else fails, ask the Judge at the end of your trial to reduce the fine because you are poor and have too many bills.

The above is likely too much work to go through on a simple Parking ticket (and I would agree with you), but it does give you some good court experience for when you need to attend on a more serious offence. At the very least, going through the above, will delay your parking ticket payment for at least 6 months.

Good luck

djino

·
Registered
1,076 Posts
To my best knowledge, there is a difference between parking and standing.

1) if you park your car and stay inside your car, it is called standing.

2) if you park your car and leave it unattended, it is called parking.

Were you inside the car or somewhere else ?

Also just as a tip, if you see the parking guy writing a ticket, you dont have to stand over there. Get in the car and run away. Until he puts it on your windshield, it will be considered a void ticket.

·
Registered
197 Posts
Also just as a tip, if you see the parking guy writing a ticket, you dont have to stand over there. Get in the car and run away. Until he puts it on your windshield, it will be considered a void ticket.
Is this really true? I was visiting my sister who lives near yonge & eglinton...and we were parking just outside the curve of her building while sitting inside the car....and all of a sudden this Asian parking guy came out of no where and just give a ticket to us..he didn't say to move or anything ...he gave all tickets to ALL the people who just come to a curve to stop for a moment...other people were so mad.

·
Registered
1,076 Posts
Is this really true? I was visiting my sister who lives near yonge & eglinton...and we were parking just outside the curve of her building while sitting inside the car....and all of a sudden this Asian parking guy came out of no where and just give a ticket to us..he didn't say to move or anything ...he gave all tickets to ALL the people who just come to a curve to stop for a moment...other people were so mad.
Yup. If you see him writing a ticket, just start your car and run away. He can't do anything.

·
Premium Member
5,040 Posts
Just an FYI... There are only 2 legal ways that a parking offence officer can issue a parking ticket (See Section 15(4) of the Provincial Offenses Act)

a) by affixing it to the vehicle in a conspicuous place at the time of the alleged infraction; or
b) by delivering it personally to the person having care and control of the vehicle at the time of the alleged infraction.

Those of you who mentioned that they can simply mail it to you are incorrect. They cannot do that. Nor can they deliver it in person to your place of residence.

So if the officer is in the middle of writing up the ticket and you get in your vehicle and drive away, then that parking ticket IS VOID and cannot be legally enforced.

---

I've personally experienced this myself in the midst of an Uber Eats trip. I was parked in a no parking zone to run inside the restaurant to pick up the food. 5 Minutes later, I came out to my car and noticed a city of Ottawa vehicle parked right behind me with an officer inside doing something with his machine.

I quickly jumped in my vehicle as I noticed no parking ticket on my windshield and took off. The vehicle followed me for a minute before it continued elsewhere.

djino

·
Premium Member
89 Posts
As someone who once worked as a "Meter Maid" , I will confirm it is true. You can drive away, and it is marked as void. The officer swears to affixing it to the window, and they would be stupid to lie (automatic job loss, no court credibility).

If someone was in the driver seat, I had everything entered in the computer, but would ask them to move from their spot. A "Yes Sir" deleted the ticket. A "I'll just be a few min" or a "f++k you" would require a press of the print button and a driver $100 poorer.

If you are not moving and not "actively engaged in the picking up or dropping of passengers or goods" , then you are PARKED, occupied or not.

(When someone said "I'm not parked" , I'd ask what gear the car was in before slapping the ticket on the window. Joke wasn't as funny if they had manual transmission)

Coke

·
Premium Member
19,592 Posts
Just an FYI... There are only 2 legal ways that a parking offence officer can issue a parking ticket (See Section 15(4) of the Provincial Offenses Act)

a) by affixing it to the vehicle in a conspicuous place at the time of the alleged infraction; or
b) by delivering it personally to the person having care and control of the vehicle at the time of the alleged infraction.

Those of you who mentioned that they can simply mail it to you are incorrect. They cannot do that. Nor can they deliver it in person to your place of residence.

So if the officer is in the middle of writing up the ticket and you get in your vehicle and drive away, then that parking ticket IS VOID and cannot be legally enforced.

---

I've personally experienced this myself in the midst of an Uber Eats trip. I was parked in a no parking zone to run inside the restaurant to pick up the food. 5 Minutes later, I came out to my car and noticed a city of Ottawa vehicle parked right behind me with an officer inside doing something with his machine.

I quickly jumped in my vehicle as I noticed no parking ticket on my windshield and took off. The vehicle followed me for a minute before it continued elsewhere.

djino
Good to know... Thanks for clearing it up and providing actual section from POA. I will definitely keep that in mind as ammunition in case I get anything to fight.

dmoney155 and CDNcrippler1 doesn't seems to think so
Yeah I seen them writing it up, I never personally got one... but if it is outlined like that, then in case I ever get one, I will fight it for sure. Just not sure how the courts would handle the "I put it there" vs "no you didn't, I drove off". I got one pending in few months (was actually affixed) will try to fight it tho cuz I actually paid.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts