Uber Drivers Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just started my first day driving for uber. I live in Fayetteville Arkansas, which just started doing uber here back in the fall of last year. On my first trip out (I know they are slow hours) I decided to go online about 11:30am to try and get a feel. I waited for about 15 minutes for a ping, got nothing. I drove by our university, up to the mall, and finally to the only slightly surging area the airport. When I arrived there of course it went white. So I traveled back home. It was roughly 55 miles total and about two hours and I did not receive one ping. I know the population here is lower, and its noon on a Thursday so my question should I worry this is not lucrative or just plan for better hours and days? Also if anyone has drove in this area I would like to hear your experience. Thank you

·
Registered
1,510 Posts
I drive peak hours only, Friday and Saturday from 8pm to 4am. Sometimes I'll do a Thursday here or there. Uber is part time work at best.

·
Registered
540 Posts
What you should do is watch the rider app for a while and see where other cars are disappearing from. Then you know where to park. Don't drive around wasting gas.
Also think about where are the most people without cars (downtown, colleges, ect). Park in the middle of those areas.

Do you have resorts or hotels? If yes at 4 or 5 am you can get airport runs. Those same resorts will give you club / bar runs at 9pm on Friday and sat. And of course when the bars close you want to park by the busiest clubs for said night.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks guys, I am trying to take off my freelance personal trainer career which makes up a good part time job for now so I will use this advice and hopefully fill in the gap. One other thing, around here we have a place (Dickson st) which has all the college bars and I know it will be flooded for drivers at closing. Any tips for drunk pickups? I know the crowd around there and many don't hold liquor well which makes me leery, but I know it will be the biggest money maker.

·
Premium Member
2,222 Posts
Fayetteville?

Mornings, hang out at your town's hotel strip.

Afternoons. Walmart HQ (lots of out of towners fly into Walmart to hawk their crap to Walmart HQ buyers).

Early evening? Airport. Dinner/drinking hours? Your local restaurant row and college.

Only problem>>>Out of towners know that going to Fayetteville means renting a car to function. So don't hold your breath.

drunk people? get rubber mats. have plastic bags in your car. no mercy for pick-ups to peeps who look like they're on the bubble of lucidity.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hi, im also in Fayeteville but I havent started yet. I have some questions if anyone could help me I would appreciate it. thanks

·
Registered
3,121 Posts
Watch the drunks carefully as they come to your car. If someone looks too wasted to walk to your car or if someone is "helping" a friend walk to your car, drive away as fast as possible. I don't drive people who are too drunk to walk. College kids are horrible. They can't handle their booze.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts