Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
650 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Uber fam,

My phone took a dip in the pool and is now out of ccommission.

I have another phone (with a different phone number) that i'm trying to sign into my driver account with, but it's asking me for a verifaction code. Uber says its sending it to my number, but I don't have away to access that number until I receive my replacement phone.

In addition, I tried to seek help through the website, but that is also requiring the two-step code verification. Ugh :(

Have any of you had any luck getting around this? or is there a way to get the code through email?

·
Registered
650 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Have you tried changing your number via computer browser at Uber.com ?
I tried logging in through the computer, but it was also requesting the two-step verification.

I called the customer service number and they updated my number.

The funny part is they keep sending me a new code because I can't enter my email and password fast enough in order to get to the screen where I need to enter the code. It must expire in like 30 seconds lol.

Now they locked me out for too many failed signin attempts.

·
Registered
650 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Good morning,

I'm still having trouble with this. The phone customer service can't help any further.

Have any of you had success with this 4 digit pin code?

It keeps telling me I entered it wrong and instantly texts me a new one. I guess it expires fast, so I copied my email and password and paste it in quickly. However, still no luck.

I've tried over 30 times with three lockouts due to signin attempts.

·
Banned
3,984 Posts
Hi Uber fam,

I have another phone (with a different phone number) that i'm trying to sign into my driver account with, but it's asking me for a verifaction code. Uber says its sending it to my number, but I don't have away to access that number until I receive my replacement phone.

In addition, I tried to seek help through the website, but that is also requiring the two-step code verification. Ugh :(

Have any of you had any luck getting around this? or is there a way to get the code through email?
Just change the number to the one you ruin

·
Premium Member
5,615 Posts
Good morning,

I'm still having trouble with this. The phone customer service can't help any further.

Have any of you had success with this 4 digit pin code?

It keeps telling me I entered it wrong and instantly texts me a new one. I guess it expires fast, so I copied my email and password and paste it in quickly. However, still no luck.

I've tried over 30 times with three lockouts due to signin attempts.
You can buy a " burner phone " from Walmart.. cheap .. put the SIM card from the old phone into the new one

·
Registered
650 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Just change the number to the one you ruin
each

I changed the number last night with the phone customer service. Since its a new device, it's asking me for a two-step verification where I signin as normal then before it signs in it prompts me to enter a 4 digit verification code that they text me.

It's a new code for each attempt.

You can buy a " burner phone " from Walmart.. cheap .. put the SIM card from the old phone into the new one
Thank you for the idea.

Although, Uber will still require me to do this two-step verification since its a new device.

Uber makes everything so difficult *sigh*

Remove the battery...Take the phone apart to let it dry out. Use a hair drier if your in a hurry. Put it back together a pray to the Lord! !!

Or use that other phone.
Dried and in a bag of rice. No luck yet. I think I totally killed it. I was swimming for a long time before I realized I had my phone on me lol lol.

·
Registered
650 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Yayyy, it's fixed and i can sign in :D

Thanks for the suggestions guys.

If this ever happens to anyone, they need to refresh the new phone number after they update it. My gal forgot to refresh it. That's why none of the codes worked. lol

·
Premium Member
69,150 Posts
Hi Uber fam,

Go to Uber office.
Be verified in person.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.