Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Dear fellow Uber Drivers,

Just want to say "Hi" to my fellow Uber drivers and introduce myself to this world.

My nickname is Pat.

I just started to be an Uber driver three weeks ago. I'm a student, full-time hotel employee and to be certain, I am a night auditor at a hotel here in New York.

So far I like my three weeks with Uber except for the airport trip that I found ridiculously cheap from Yonkers to JFK only charging the rider at $60.00 where local cab in that area charges at $100.00 deduct the uber compensation and sales tax, my take home was only $40.00. And a ridiculous 16 minutes pick-up and a $8.00 base fare drop-off and take home of $5.24 which again I found unsatisfying. I wish they charged rider extra or something.

I utilized the skills I learned from working at the hotel as an Uber driver treating rider as a family. I give-out complementary water and chocolate in my car so that rider will feel very welcome and comfortable during their trip. Thanks to my felllow Uber fellow drivers who posted on Youtube for tips to have a 5- star rating. But again, not all rider will like your service. There will be a rider who is knit picking the little error that you did that can jeopardize your 5 - star rating. So I recommend, make sure everything is perfect from the point of pick-up to the destination.

If you have any tips that is very uncommon to Uber driver that you can share with me, please contact me.

Thank you so much for having the time reading this. Good luck to you all. =)

Sincerely,
Pat

·
Registered
6 Posts
Pat, welcome! And glad to hear you are enjoying it so far. In addition to providing a good service, don't be shy about talking about tips if the conversation leads to it. Don't bring it up yourself, but if you are doing this much to make rides good for the pax, you have earned any tips that are offered. All the best to you!

·
Registered
12 Posts
Welcome, Pat ! I like shdriver's suggestion of talking about tips if it comes up naturally in conversation.
I recently put out a tip box and have recently been trying to even figure out how to accept credit cards. Uber is making us do this on the cheap and we gotta figure out ways to increase our earnings.

·
Premium Member
3,173 Posts
You will learn to ignore 16 minute pings. Accept nothing further than 8 or 9 minutes away. Also, you will learn that providing water and chocolates is a waste of money. Especially the first time you discover chocolate all over your seats.

·
Registered
786 Posts
Dear fellow Uber Drivers,

Just want to say "Hi" to my fellow Uber drivers and introduce myself to this world.

My nickname is Pat.

I just started to be an Uber driver three weeks ago. I'm a student, full-time hotel employee and to be certain, I am a night auditor at a hotel here in New York.

So far I like my three weeks with Uber except for the airport trip that I found ridiculously cheap from Yonkers to JFK only charging the rider at $60.00 where local cab in that area charges at $100.00 deduct the uber compensation and sales tax, my take home was only $40.00. And a ridiculous 16 minutes pick-up and a $8.00 base fare drop-off and take home of $5.24 which again I found unsatisfying. I wish they charged rider extra or something.

I utilized the skills I learned from working at the hotel as an Uber driver treating rider as a family. I give-out complementary water and chocolate in my car so that rider will feel very welcome and comfortable during their trip. Thanks to my felllow Uber fellow drivers who posted on Youtube for tips to have a 5- star rating. But again, not all rider will like your service. There will be a rider who is knit picking the little error that you did that can jeopardize your 5 - star rating. So I recommend, make sure everything is perfect from the point of pick-up to the destination.

If you have any tips that is very uncommon to Uber driver that you can share with me, please contact me.

Thank you so much for having the time reading this. Good luck to you all. =)

Sincerely,
Pat
I'm assuming your TLC?

·
Registered
39 Posts
I'm assuming your TLC?
As far as longer trips go. If it's a slow period of time it might make since. If there is a surge on in the area where you are you will get pinged from further out, the other drivers are ignoring them for that reason. You can see in the request if there is a surge on that particular request. Often times there is not. Work the surge as often as possible. That being said, don't chase the surge in areas where it only pops up from time to time. Find the area in town that offers the most action and work it hard. Events, hotels, bars and restaurants that are really busy offer the best return. The freebies might work for you. I'm from a hospitality background as well. I find that good social manners work better than gimmicks. I prefer tourists in my area, Asheville, they tip better and are usually in a pretty good mood and love being able to talk with a "local".

1 - 6 of 6 Posts