Uber Drivers Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been in the taxi business in Seattle since '94, mostly as a dispatcher. This forum and its awesome posters have really helped educate me to the ways of Uber. No longer do I feel my job is threatened nor am I considering Ubering. Uber seems to be all the bad elements of cab driving (crappy local rides, demanding rude passengers) without the pay. No wonder we are starting to get more ex-Uber applicants.

·
Premium Member
1,991 Posts
Welcome to the madhouse, Eric.

The taxi industry's hatred of Uber has recently been eclipsed by the Uber driver's hatred of Uber.

Who knew that would happen, eh?

Reactions: Teksaz

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Welcome to the madhouse, Eric.

The taxi industry's hatred of Uber has recently been eclipsed by the Uber driver's hatred of Uber.

Who knew that would happen, eh?
I must confess that until I looked into it a bit I believed the hype that Uber would kill the taxi business. I had even thought of moving back to Tucson (lived there '05-'10 doing internet marketing) and driving Uber. Now I'm just going to watch and see how their business model plays out.

·
Premium Member
1,991 Posts
I used to live up in Everett. Worked at a little place called Honey's. Long time ago. Sigh.

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I used to live up in Everett. Worked at a little place called Honey's. Long time ago. Sigh.
We used to have "Honeys" and "Sugars" top signs until Frank had his legal troubles. I'm going to go pitch signs to our new legal marijuana industry next week. Did you ever drive cab in Seattle/Snohomish County?

·
Premium Member
1,991 Posts
We used to have "Honeys" and "Sugars" top signs until Frank had his legal troubles. I'm going to go pitch signs to our new legal marijuana industry next week. Did you ever drive cab in Seattle/Snohomish County?
Never drove a cab up there, I was too busy with the "naked babysitting", as we liked to call it.

Glad I got out before the shit hit Frank's fan.

·
Premium Member
1,165 Posts
Ok, class, this is what's known as an "Internet Troll."
He could be legit. It is true, we as Uber drivers get a lot of people who weren't going to take a taxi anyway, so we aren't taking as much of their business as they think. I constantly get younger kids going 1 or 2 miles up a street and I know they would've walked if Uber wasn't available.

·
Registered
82 Posts
I've been in the taxi business in Seattle since '94, mostly as a dispatcher. This forum and its awesome posters have really helped educate me to the ways of Uber. No longer do I feel my job is threatened nor am I considering Ubering. Uber seems to be all the bad elements of cab driving (crappy local rides, demanding rude passengers) without the pay. No wonder we are starting to get more ex-Uber applicants.
Uber will not end....

Just helped the public from the taxis who stole from us....

Uber is certainly not the answer, as they FVCK the drivers and pass the savings to the cutomer..

Uber was built on a platform to get quicker delivery, and an ability to contact driver....

The cab companies have woke up and most now have apps...

Bye, bye Uber

·
Registered
82 Posts
Uber has made it perfect for me, I now have access to at least ( bare minimum, see where my driver is, or if he's coming, and instead of 15 minutes : half hour...
Most of time show up

Albeit, most Uber drivers no longer speakeeeeesssss ingleeeeess..

1 - 19 of 19 Posts