Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,705 Posts
It's not if but when will the fares drop? For every one driver ready to boycott, there are a hundred more willing to take his place!

·
Registered
2,498 Posts
Today had a rider, he's been an X driver for over a yr. He has no clue of expenses or how much pool pays, he gets 100% acceptance..how can a normal person compete with this types of drivers.
Uber lowered the prices from airports, now they send msgs on app to say expect high demand from LHR.
I won't pick up from airports or do pool matched trips, sin bin or no sin bin.

·
Premium Member
8,065 Posts
Today had a rider, he's been an X driver for over a yr. He has no clue of expenses or how much pool pays, he gets 100% acceptance..how can a normal person compete with this types of drivers.
Uber lowered the prices from airports, now they send msgs on app to say expect high demand from LHR.
Majority of drivers use no brain...just sat nav... :)

·
Premium Member
1,705 Posts
Isn't that the same argument that Blackcab drivers use against ALL Uber Drivers.

·
Registered
357 Posts
Isn't that the same argument that Blackcab drivers use against ALL Uber Drivers.
The Black Cabs and Minicabs are two different businesses, hence they are even licensed differently, I would even say the core passenger base is different for both. Its hard to say if Uber is impacting on black cab business based on the views from the Black cab trolls on this forum as they are still raking it in, but the sheer fact that they are always whinging and moaning on here would make one think it does have an impact on their business.

·
Registered
2,004 Posts
People have always come and gone from the trade? But once you've got your badge it's yours for life. I know a cabbie who wanted to work in Ibiza for 5 months so he "left the trade" then came back to it.

·
Registered
357 Posts
Have you ever known black cab drivers not to moan and tell you the games dead.... Genuine question?
I don't know any personally, and have not really come across any until joining this forum, I have hope that there are black cab drivers out there that are normal and not all are like the ones on this forum.

·
Premium Member
2,118 Posts
Thats why I hope you all voted brexit to keep out the immigrants that come here and work for a pittance destroying decent blue collar industrys...........

Oh hang on .........................woops ...........................sorry lads :)

·
Registered
190 Posts
I don't do pool not even unmatched.
Few days ago I dropped in heathrow, I received a text saying that there were only 13 cars waiting, I headed back to London (I received a request few minutes later from suburbs). The only job from Heathrow that I'll do has to come after the drop off (I'm not gonna wait no even 1 minute) then I'll call the customer asking where is going, if is heading back to London I'll collect, otherwise NO. This is the maximum that I can do with these rates. One thing I'm sure is gonna happen...
All those brainless waiting at Heathrow are putting everyone in trouble, the day that prices will drop in London as well is gonna be also for their fault, they'll be the first to cry because without brain aren't able to escape from the Uber trap!!!

·
Registered
2,640 Posts
I don't do pool not even unmatched.

Few days ago I dropped in heathrow, I received a text saying that there were only 13 cars waiting, I headed back to London (I received a request few minutes later from suburbs). The only job from Heathrow that I'll do has to come after the drop off (I'm not gonna wait no even 1 minute) then I'll call the customer asking where is going, if is heading back to London I'll collect, otherwise NO. This is the maximum that I can do with these rates. One thing I'm sure is gonna happen...
All those brainless waiting at Heathrow are putting everyone in trouble, the day that prices will drop in London as well is gonna be also for their fault, they'll be the first to cry because without brain aren't able to escape from the Uber trap!!!
Guess what they would cry and carry on working.

Maybe some won't even notice the price drop.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts