Uber Drivers Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Premium Member
7,546 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How common is this? I went from driving 2 hours a day to two hours in the morning and three hours in the evening. Took me a week to match up the heat rash to the contour of my car seat.

·
Premium Member
1,991 Posts
Yet another perk of driving people around for money.

You don't want to know about the heat rash I've gotten from sitting in a car seat 12 straight hours in the Arizona heat.

·
Premium Member
7,546 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
UberUnderwear ... wicks away moisture as you sit helpless waiting in vain for surge pings ...

I Ubered in my pajamas these last two days. Flannel plaid PJ bottoms were all I could put up with on my delicate skin on my round trip jaunt Sacto to Palo Alto. I'm sure I fit right in, and was probably setting a trend ... LOL. I even had to get out of the car twice to reveal my excellent taste in golfing-style ugly plaid nightwear to some passengers with luggage.

·
Premium Member
8,041 Posts
I sit on a normal size bedroom pillow in a high quality (all cotton 300+ thread count) pillowcase that's the same color as my leather seats. No one notices it, by butt doesn't get sore - and most importantly, I'm not wearing out the seat. I hate the look of 'worn' leather in a car.

·
Registered
1,385 Posts
How common is this? I went from driving 2 hours a day to two hours in the morning and three hours in the evening. Took me a week to match up the heat rash to the contour of my car seat.
As a rule, it should take no more than 2 days to match up the heat rash to the contour of your seat.

·
Registered
3,232 Posts
Reactions: Sacto Burbs

·
Registered
7,528 Posts
Search Amazon for "Beaded Driver Seat" most cabbies here have them and swear by them.

image.jpg

Even if slipped under your own seat cover they greatly increase air and blood circulation

·
Registered
15,927 Posts
It's one reason I actually don't like leather in car seats in Houston. I do have leatherette seat covers for protection but mine has ventilation holes and I have a special seat cushion anyway because of my back (coccyx seat cushion although actually it's my sacrum that was fractured).

I have been known to put a tissue between my boobs in my cleavage when it gets hot and humid here...

·
Registered
15,927 Posts
You sure its heat rash??

A skin condition caused by blocked sweat ducts and trapped sweat beneath the skin.
Heat rash usually goes away on its own. Use of A/C and lightweight clothing can help.

Self-treatment
Soothing remedies: Menthol through the skin
Other treatments: Lanolin to the affected area

https://www.google.com/search?q=hea...9i57j69i60&sourceid=chrome&es_sm=122&ie=UTF-8
If the heat rash gets infected then neosporin might be a good idea. If it doesn't work then a doc visit would be in order.

As far as ointments the best thing I've found for irritation and protecting chafed skin is diaperene. Get the old formula which is really white and sticky. Use a paper towel or something to spread it on and don't get it anywhere else.

·
Premium Member
7,546 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 · (Edited)
Search Amazon for "Beaded Driver Seat" most cabbies here have them and swear by them.

View attachment 11332

Even if slipped under your own seat cover they greatly increase air and blood circulation
Er..um..most of the problem was where my personal spare tire met my ... Er...um... and where the seatbelt leaned on my hip.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts