Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,601 Posts
They don't treat us poorly. We make the most money of any city in the US.

The issue is that a lot of the drivers are broke and don't save for taxes or are driving new cars for no reason.
Uber in boston when u round up the cost of liveing with the pay you can get with uber its liveable. I worked just uber/lyft for 4 months dureing the summer and was liveing pretty good avarageing 35 hours and $1000 a week after everything tooken from uber

·
Premium Member
1,975 Posts
im a sole proprietor so i pay yearly
That is a risky position to take.

However if you owe less than $1000 in taxes for the year from your "business" including any offset from withholding from a regular job you don't have to quarterly file.

If you are paying yearly...just curious but are you paying by January 15th which is the date the last quarterly payment for the tax year is due? If not and you are paying your tax burden when you file your return AND you owe more than $1000 and that includes any SE tax then you are playing a dangerous game. Fines and interest will pummel you.

·
Premium Member
65,749 Posts
Uber in boston when u round up the cost of liveing with the pay you can get with uber its liveable. I worked just uber/lyft for 4 months dureing the summer and was liveing pretty good avarageing 35 hours and $1000 a week after everything tooken from uber
I can work 90 hours and not make $1,000.00

·
Registered
805 Posts
no offense but i have been a sub contractor and a business owner for decades, as a sole proprietor you can pay yearly, quarterly or estimated.i choose to pay one lump sum on april 15, i am not bending or breaking the law. the biggest collection agency in the world can wait for my tax money until the due date.i pay no fines or penalties doing this.

If i was incorporated or an LLC i would have to file quarterly statements, i choose to use MY money until i have to pay on the due date

i owe a few thousand this year as a full time driver and they will get it in april.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts