Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Back driving, limited, after a two year layoff. Thought the option of being paired with a pax heading my direction would be pretty cool. Was in the South End and gave it a shot, hoping to avoid dead miles back to the Dedham area.

Got a ping right away about two minutes away. Turns out the pax was just heading over to Longwood Medical area. So much for that. I'll have to judiciously use my two daily ones from now on.

·
Banned
2,257 Posts
Dude you can use it all the way back to your destination. Giving one ride doesn't cancel it out. Keep driving and you will get more rides towards the destination.

I have actually found it works a lot worse when driving on the highway lol

·
Registered
1,478 Posts
We need unlimited use of this feature. Everytime I get stuck in Somerville I set destination to quincy so I can stay away from that hellish Somerville to Cambridge and Cambridge back to Somerville cycle.

Problem is when it's time to go home I gotta go back logged off because I've used up my two trips. I can't go home logged on lest I get stuck with a trip headed in other direction.

·
Registered
2,327 Posts
I see they addded a feature where you can set a time for the destination arrival and they will start it when you get close to that time and don't have to wait to set it? Anyone try this yet?

Attachments

·
Registered
156 Posts
I see they addded a feature where you can set a time for the destination arrival and they will start it when you get close to that time and don't have to wait to set it? Anyone try this yet?
I have tryed and it ****ed up my quest .
I set a time to return at like 3 pm to be in my destination at 10 pm and guess what . all trips after I set the time were not included in my quest .

·
Registered
2,365 Posts
Destination trips don't count towards quests.

Up until about two weeks ago, the trips were still counting, even though they weren't supposed to.

Now they are 100% not counting, which is unfortunate.

·
Registered
2,327 Posts
Destination trips don't count towards quests.

Up until about two weeks ago, the trips were still counting, even though they weren't supposed to.

Now they are 100% not counting, which is unfortunate.
The issue is you can now set a destination say you start driving at 2PM and need to be at a place at 10PM you can set the destination and put in the arrival time. All trips are regular and then depending in where you anywgeee from 30 to 46 minutes it will pop up saying it's time to go and only give you trips towards your destination. The issue is all trips before that are supposed to be normal and count towards quest. But there is a glitch where it sees all trips as destination.i tried myself and had the same issue as Alex and surprise Uber support is no help. Won't bother doing it this way will just set destination when I feel it's time to so I don't have issues with quest. Adding the ability to set a time was a good idea but is useless when it doesn't work the way Uber claims it will

·
Registered
804 Posts
The problem with destination fares are the pick-ups are towards your end location but the drop-off aren't necessarily in that same direction. You can get a destination fare and end up further from home...

·
Registered
156 Posts
The issue is you can now set a destination say you start driving at 2PM and need to be at a place at 10PM you can set the destination and put in the arrival time. All trips are regular and then depending in where you anywgeee from 30 to 46 minutes it will pop up saying it's time to go and only give you trips towards your destination. The issue is all trips before that are supposed to be normal and count towards quest. But there is a glitch where it sees all trips as destination.i tried myself and had the same issue as Alex and surprise Uber support is no help. Won't bother doing it this way will just set destination when I feel it's time to so I don't have issues with quest. Adding the ability to set a time was a good idea but is useless when it doesn't work the way Uber claims it will
you are 100% right . uber launch this new feature just to **** drivers up as of now . hope they fix asap

1 - 12 of 12 Posts