Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
114 Posts
Most drivers are catching on not to chase surge , but stay right out side it and it working and everybody is reaping the benefits now. Uber is slick but when we work together we win. and thus you see that

·
Registered
310 Posts
I pulled in to Hobby last night, about an hour after I saw a surge there (no I was not chasing) and when my phone picked up the queue, it said 12 cars. I drive into the lot, the queue says I'm now 1-10. Funny thing though, there were about 25-30 cars there & lots of drivers standing around in little groups. Obviously an attempt to create a surge. Anyway, I got a ping from the hotel down the street & decided to accept it. Was a relatively short ride down south to Fuqua but I immediately picked up a ride from there back into town to a club on Alabama. I was happy I left the lot as there was no surge, flights were not due in for basically another 30 minutes, and their attempt to surge failed as I continued to look at the area to see if they were successful.

·
Registered
13 Posts
I pulled in to Hobby last night, about an hour after I saw a surge there (no I was not chasing) and when my phone picked up the queue, it said 12 cars. I drive into the lot, the queue says I'm now 1-10. Funny thing though, there were about 25-30 cars there & lots of drivers standing around in little groups. Obviously an attempt to create a surge. Anyway, I got a ping from the hotel down the street & decided to accept it. Was a relatively short ride down south to Fuqua but I immediately picked up a ride from there back into town to a club on Alabama. I was happy I left the lot as there was no surge, flights were not due in for basically another 30 minutes, and their attempt to surge failed as I continued to look at the area to see if they were successful.
How do you know how many other drivers were around. Is there some kind of App for that?

·
Registered
981 Posts
Maybe it's the rodeo. Or just an uber illusion who knows.
This is the secret Uber software sending you images of massive surge going on to get you out of bed and down to the "hot spots." By the time you arrive, the surge will be limited at best. Just my experience. Hopefully you'll rack up on surge fares.

How do you know how many other drivers were around. Is there some kind of App for that?
Look at the customer side of the app

·
Registered
310 Posts
I simply counted the cars stacked in the lot. A few drivers who are not Uber use the lot but the vast majority are Uber. Had groups of guys all checking their phones and I assume they were looking for surge to develop.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Same but I got 1.3 saw the same hotel request on way there

1 - 9 of 9 Posts