Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

· Premium Member
2021 Chevy Bolt EV
5,725 Posts
Uber is not your problem. You might try calculating your taxes. You may owe little or nothing after deductions. But I wouldn't let it build up any further. If you owe more than you can afford look into an "Offer in Compromise" with the IRS.

· Premium Member
2,772 Posts
After so many years (I forget) you can only paper file. Also, expect a ton of interest to be added along with late fees. Freedom has high interest rates and loan shark penalties especially under the current regime. Good Luck!

· Registered
54 Posts
I haven’t filed taxes for three years anyone have any advice or experience of this kind of situation ? outcomes??? thanks - bunny
Go to a tax lawyer and get him to file for a fresh start initiative, as long as you don't have alot of assets. It usually costs about a thousand dollars but they can get what you owe down to pennies on the dollar.

· Registered
285 Posts
The IRS will find out eventually.
The IRS already knows!
They just have not acted, yet.
The penalty for late payment is 1/2% (1/4% for months covered by an installment agreement) of the tax due for each month or part of a month your payment is late.
The penalty increases to 1% per month if the IRS sends a notice of intent to levy, and you don't pay the tax due within 10 days from the date of the notice.

Since she only made ~$8,000 the taxes may be low and a payment plan may be offered.

Reactions: Invisible

· Registered
2,047 Posts
I second H&R Block, make sure you get as much information as possible to them, including any personal tragedy as there is unknown tax credits, not only for miles driven, but other events in life that can reduce your tax burden.

Unfortunately you can do much about Social Security, but you'll want that later so pay into it.

· Premium Member
3,141 Posts
You should of filed. Uber already did their taxes on their end. It's just irs going to fine and try to make you pay taxes on the portion uber already paid on cuz it's on you to tell irs that a portion of that income is on uber. See them uber service fees? That's income that uber should be taxed on, not you. So that's why you need to do all the filing correctly.

· Premium Member
5,420 Posts
I haven’t paid my taxes for three years I haven’t made it to too much but over 8000 a year could Uber deactivate my account
You asked if anybody had experience going years without paying taxes

Yes, I have. When the IRS caught up with me it was 10 years. I hired a guy and we put together the 10 years of returns and submitted them. ezpz

But then the real problems started. The IRS tried to collect what they said I owed. and they were probably right with their calculations. I avoided them for ten years and then took advantage of the 10 year rule. I asked that they give up and leave me alone...and they did

My advice is do what I say, not what I did...File those tax returns (with or without the help of a professional) as soon as possible. Then work with the IRS (with or without a lawyer experienced in these matters) to work out a payment plan

Do it now,,,it wont go away

· Super Moderator
9,131 Posts
You asked if anybody had experience going years without paying taxes

Yes, I have. When the IRS caught up with me it was 10 years. I hired a guy and we put together the 10 years of returns and submitted them. ezpz

But then the real problems started. The IRS tried to collect what they said I owed. and they were probably right with their calculations. I avoided them for ten years and then took advantage of the 10 year rule. I asked that they give up and leave me alone...and they did

My advice is do what I say, not what I did...File those tax returns (with or without the help of a professional) as soon as possible. Then work with the IRS (with or without a lawyer experienced in these matters) to work out a payment plan

Do it now,,,it wont go away
In the 10 years they tried to collect they never filed liens?

1 - 20 of 21 Posts